spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dhudson1984
join:2008-01-04
Charleston, WV

dhudson1984

Docsis 3.1

Does anyone know Suddenlink's plans and/or progression on D3.1? I've been reading up a lot about it and I know it isn't going to have to be a real big change inside the Headend and outside... Why couldn't they just call it D4.0, considering it's going to be such a great gain in performance and bandwidth? lol.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

You'd need to ask the Docsis committee that question. But as to SL upgrading, they don't even have Doc3 in all markets yet, lol
dhudson1984
join:2008-01-04
Charleston, WV

dhudson1984

Sorry. I know Suddenlink doesn't have anything to do with the naming of Docsis... I was just throwing that out there.

It is true that they don't have D3 in all markets yet, but a majority of their areas do.
Cobra11M
join:2010-12-23
Mineral Wells, TX

Cobra11M to dhudson1984

to dhudson1984
agreed, I hope they roll it out quickly when it is finalized and they feel they should put it threw their network..

their upload speeds are horrible, I currently get 10mbps down and 1mbps up you know how long it takes for me to upload files to cloud services or videos to youtube? forever..

that being said its not just them but all cable co's are having this issue but suddenlink I think could at least do 3 up like comcast and timewarner has done but idk what technically they have to do to achieve that

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

comcast is faster than that now too. SL not raising their upload speeds doesn't have anything to do with any technical limitation...