how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Osprey101

join:2008-11-07
Chandler, AZ

[AZ] Cox High Speed Cable cuts out intermittently

Been subscribing to Cox cable internet since we moved in >10 years ago. Just recently (apparently after the speed upgrade a few weeks ago), the internet started cutting out at random. It's particularly bad this evening.

We use a Surfboard SB5120 cable modem, and a TREND model TEW-631BRP router. We're subscribed to "High Speed Internet Preferred with PowerBoost." Computers affected include both those wired and wireless.

We've had the same configuration (computer/modem/router) for >3 years, without these problems. It usually starts with the "Online" light blinking, and then sometimes the "Send" and eventually "Receive" lights may go out as well. It comes back after a minute or two. Just very frustrating.

Any ideas as to what I should check/test?

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4

Modem might be dying. might be time to dump that ole dinosaur of a modem for a new D3 modem[preferrably a cisco DPC 3010]

got any friends with a D3 modem you can test out to see if its your modem?
--
Despises any post with strings.

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:77
reply to Osprey101

Transmit power levels are all over the place. I'd definitely say it's time to look for signal or equipment issues (modem).

hnau

join:2008-03-07
Phoenix, AZ

1 edit

coincidentally I am in chandler and recently started experiencing signal levels all over the place with random/constant disconnects throughout the day. this started about 5-7 days ago.

(on a relatively new sb6180)

Bill Neilson
Premium
join:2009-07-08
Arlington, VA
reply to CoxTech1

I am in Scottsdale and am having severe dropouts tonight.

I have had Cox for several weeks now and I can't seem to go 4-5 hours without a few 30-45 second drops.

Very annoying but tonight it is pretty severe.