Search similar:

uniqs

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

So is rogers going too kill unlimited on the 31st?

So I'm thinking of signing up for unlimited 25/2 for 80 that one poster did at least I'd hope they'd offer me the same deal. Being as tek may be in my area soon I may just wait it out and stay on my business I pay 87 till I can change to them.

gameochicken
@jillyred.net

gameochicken

Anon

It will probably be like every other promo, they'll play a game of chicken with bell and likely extend it for a few days, unless the extension until the 31st counts as it.

Either way Tek is everywhere now. All of the remaining Rogers areas were connected to the agg poi last week: »[Cable] Rogers ATPIA - Live - BETA - March 22nd, 2013 The website doesn't have updated information yet as its a soft launch. If you look on the first page of the thread there's a form and email to sign up for the new areas if you want to go with them.
JAC70
join:2008-10-20
canada

JAC70 to TOPDAWG

to TOPDAWG
I tried to add it today. They wouldn't give me unlimited on my 150/10 service, and they said the $30 add-on would not fall under my 70% internet discount. Very disappointed.

Now I see that TSI's unlimited rates are no longer competitive. Sigh.
goldenegg8
join:2013-02-27

goldenegg8

EDIT:

Sorry, I misread the post.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

Ok called today got a super nice lady. First offer was %25 off so would have been $84 a month for 25/2 with modem fee. Other offer was % 15 off with free modem at $83 a month. So went with that deal. I may switch to tak later once they got everything ready as I can cancel at anytime. Paying 87 for 10/2 is killing me price is still too high but whatever not much to pick in my area.

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS

TLS2000

Premium Member

TekSavvy should have 25/2 available to you for less than that, no?

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

yeah I think so but they're still working on it. I also get free cable for some reason I canceled it over a year ago it's still going to this day. I'll switch soon once tek had address lookup working and everything. tek is 60 plus tax and I'd have to get a modem and the install fee. I may just keep rogers a month then switch over.

I'm on rogers at least one more month or two as may as well get the higher speeds lower price even.

iFly55
join:2010-01-19
canada

iFly55 to JAC70

to JAC70
@JAC70

but you still get a 70% discount on the $122.99 and the $8.00 Hitron modem rental

so you pay $39.30 + $30 Unlimited addon, which is not bad for 150/10 Unltd
JAC70
canada

JAC70

They won't give me unlimited on Ultimate, though. I'd have to drop to Extreme Plus.
amd64now
join:2007-04-01
canada

amd64now

said by JAC70:

They won't give me unlimited on Ultimate, though. I'd have to drop to Extreme Plus.

Call back, rep probably didn't find the right code. They have it. It shows up on bill as:

Hi-Speed Ultimate Unlimited

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to JAC70

Premium Member

to JAC70
How many services with Rogers do you have?
JAC70
canada

JAC70

said by TOPDAWG:

How many services with Rogers do you have?

Just two.

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda to JAC70

Premium Member

to JAC70
said by JAC70:

Lots of people had ultimate unlimited. It's definitely a package. Rep you had was mistaken.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

I believe its the 70% discount on internet that they won't combine with the unlimited internet offer. Though I know of one person that haggled his way through it.

But if you look at the math Unlimited at 30% of the price, then the $100 overage charges cap, you end up paying less than someone who pays full price and opts for the $30 add on. That is probably why they don't want people with the 70% off to have unlimited. It doesn't make economical sense from Rogers point of view to offer it.

I'd still push to try and get it, just sayin' you're going to get a lot of resistance to actually get it applied.

Anonymous67
@rogers.com

Anonymous67 to SimplePanda

Anon

to SimplePanda
It's been extended to end of April. Don't know if is an april fools day joke...
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree to TypeS

to TypeS
said by TypeS:

I believe its the 70% discount on internet that they won't combine with the unlimited internet offer. Though I know of one person that haggled his way through it.

From reading other posts, another problem is people with 3 services are supposed to get unlimited for $10, but that's not the case for ultimate for some reason. So some people who say they're being told they can't have unlimited on ultimate are really being told they can't have unlimited on ultimate for $10...they can pay $30 to have it added on though.

It's also a whole new tier, so another possibility is they're being told they can't have unlimited on their old 75/2 version of ultimate...they need to upgrade to the new 150/10 before they can have unlimited.
bdoyledimou
join:2002-08-20
Markham, ON

bdoyledimou

i do not understand the limitation on the $10 unlimited for Ultimate.
When i signed up for it, they did end up charging me the $30 but gave me a $24 a month discount for the at least the next 6 months.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by bdoyledimou:

i do not understand the limitation on the $10 unlimited for Ultimate.
When i signed up for it, they did end up charging me the $30 but gave me a $24 a month discount for the at least the next 6 months.

There is no longer a limitation. Reps just aren't reading their internal memos.
bdoyledimou
join:2002-08-20
Markham, ON

bdoyledimou

so i can get it legit without the discount? (which i will keep until it expires cause it means i am only paying $2 a month for unlimited at the moment)
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2 to TOPDAWG

to TOPDAWG
yyzlhr, so is the ultimate unlimited available for $10 now or is it still $30 because they have extended it to April 30th?
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by technocar2:

yyzlhr, so is the ultimate unlimited available for $10 now or is it still $30 because they have extended it to April 30th?

It's been available for $10 for quite some time, and is still that way.
technocar2
Brampton, ON

technocar2

said by yyzlhr:

said by technocar2:

I just checked, they said its because of the 70% off deal that I can only get it for $30. I didn't wanna argue with them but do you know if there is such a requirement that I have to get rid of the 70% off discount to get it for $10?
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by technocar2:

said by yyzlhr:

said by technocar2:

I just checked, they said its because of the 70% off deal that I can only get it for $30. I didn't wanna argue with them but do you know if there is such a requirement that I have to get rid of the 70% off discount to get it for $10?

I can see why that might be the case, but I don't know for sure.

To get unlimited for $10, they're technically putting you on the tier that charges you $30 and then applying a promo code that applies a $20 monthly discount. If you're already getting a promo on the internet, it could potentially conflict.
technocar2
Brampton, ON

technocar2 to TOPDAWG

to TOPDAWG
That's what I was thinking as well, I'm not going to bother calling them again, I'm fine with $30 that I have right now, its reasonable with the 70% off deal.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

mind if I ask what services you got with rogers and your monthly cost?
technocar2
Brampton, ON

technocar2 to TOPDAWG

to TOPDAWG
Internet:
Ultimate Unlimited with 70% off
3rd party purchased modem (SB6141)
$66.90

TV:
Cable TV (Basic cable) no discounts because its tied to Internet
I have my own purchased cable boxes so no rental fees
$46.43

Home Phone:
Value Plan Classic with 15% off
Gotta love the 500 LD mins that roges gives (I've never had a month where I didn't use at least 100 LD mins)
$34.37

Wireless:
Talk & Text 1000 with 12% off
$36.96

Total before tax is $184.66

You wouldn't believe how many calls I get from Rogers asking me to upgrade to VIP cable with the movie network with 50% discount and all end up with them apologizing for not realizing that my cable account is tied to my internet thus barring me from any cable discounts. But yeah, I wish I had better cable but the ultimate unlimited it more valuable at our house so I just stopped caring about cable. I just use cable for news and weather these days and whatever CBC and CTV feeds me, the rest of our entertainment comes through the internet pipe.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG

Premium Member

hm that is not bad. I dumped cable but damn paying 83 with tax just for internet sucks. oh well at least I get free cable.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to technocar2

Premium Member

to technocar2
Mighty nice discounts you got technocar2. For me, the internet replaces TV but that's all I'm going to say.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd to technocar2

MVM

to technocar2
said by technocar2:

Home Phone:
Value Plan Classic with 15% off
Gotta love the 500 LD mins that roges gives (I've never had a month where I didn't use at least 100 LD mins)
$34.37

By using VoIP you could have a Home phone for under $10 per month --- mine costs $7 per month.

However, with VoIP their is an upfront investment:
UPS -- $110 [for the Router, Cable Model, ATA, and primary DECT 6.01 phone base-station]
ATA -- $ 90
Router that's capable of QoS done properly which I assume you have

So the payback within the 1st year makes VoIP a compelling proposition.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

The gamble is the wireless plan. If it fits the minutes he needs and he doesn't need an LD package or more LD minutes that could also replace the home phone.

That just happens to fit my needs, I have a Canada wide my10 plan and only need LD for those numbers so I am going wireless only instead of VoIP since either way I am going to have a wireless plan. Though I do use VoIP for the office.