uniqs

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

[Voip.ms] Anyone here using IAX?

Looking for experiences with IAX and Voip.ms. My current voip account with a different carrier is coming up for renewal and I alooking at alternatives since I am now running my own in house pbx. Setting up IAX to me is much more simple and less buggy than SIP with firewalls.

Any other recommendations also appreciated.

cp
Premium Member
join:2004-05-14
Wheaton, IL

cp

Premium Member

I tried IAX for a while over a Comcast cable connection. I was finding that I was having constant jitter and call quality issues. I changed my trunk from IAX to SIP and the quality issues magically went away.

I never did any further research of why this happened.

Frank_IT
Premium Member
join:2003-11-01
Montreal

Frank_IT to ropeguru

Premium Member

to ropeguru
Im running with IAX since day 1.. had some disconnection issue, but since they have replaced the MTL server, didnt got any issue. Quality is good too.
kaila
join:2000-10-11
Lincolnshire, IL

kaila to ropeguru

to ropeguru
A handful of installs I've helped with are currently using IAX w/ voip.ms, no problems.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

Thanks for the info. Just submitted and LNP request for two numbers.
ropeguru

ropeguru to kaila

Premium Member

to kaila
Do you see the IAX registration in the portal? I have a DID setup on the NY POP and my FreePBX is setup and is showing registered. However when I call the DID I get a busy signal and nothing shows as registered in the portal.

I have submitted a ticket but thought I would ask you since you have the same setup.

XCOM
digitalnUll
Premium Member
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX
(Software) pfSense
MikroTik CRS125-24G-1S-RM

XCOM

Premium Member

said by ropeguru:

Do you see the IAX registration in the portal? I have a DID setup on the NY POP and my FreePBX is setup and is showing registered. However when I call the DID I get a busy signal and nothing shows as registered in the portal.

I have submitted a ticket but thought I would ask you since you have the same setup.

IAX2 is not monitored in their portal. Only SIP.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya to ropeguru

MVM

to ropeguru
I use IAX2 as well. I do not like SIP for multiple reasons.
IAX2 support is a major reason I went with VoIP.ms.