How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal

DocDrew to cork1958

Premium Member

to cork1958

Re: Can't access Zoom modem config page

If your IP changed, there is a good chance the management IP of the modem changed as well which is why your 10.178.147.189 address won't work.

cablegeek01
join:2003-05-13
USA

cablegeek01

said by DocDrew:

If your IP changed, there is a good chance the management IP of the modem changed as well which is why your 10.178.147.189 address won't work.

Yep.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to DocDrew

Premium Member

to DocDrew
said by DocDrew:

I missed directly reply to your reply.

I did mention that my IP changed for no apparent reason, but this was probably the second time actually, that it's changed in the last 3 months, or so.

I had been routed out of Allendale, MI for a LONG time, then a couple/few months ago it changed and I got re-routed through Saginaw, MI and with this last change, I'm back to Grand Haven, MI., and an IP address that starts with 24.236, which is the one I like and closest to me. With those other 2 IP addresses I could still access the modems page using my usual link.
said by wizkid6:

said by cork1958:

Yep, Zoom quits supporting their modems the day you bought it, unless maybe it's a total hardware meltdown and under warranty.

Does this apply to *all* their products or only their cable modems?

Pretty much does with any modem manufacturer. They're only going to cover defective equipment/hardware in the product, not something the ISP has done with it whether via firmware update, plant update, etc..........