Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie

Re: Pride and Ego Moving to Ravencrest

I did extremely well on Horridon as Disc last night. Mostly atonement spam, but also got some well-timed SS (we didn't have a lot of healers who could remove poison). If you are going /oom as Disc in LFR I can only guess it is from too much bubble-botting. Disc mana consumption should be lower over-all than Holy... even if your gear is haste-heavy (for holy).

For the high movement fights that I always heal as holy, I'm going to experiment with the Glyph of Penance and heal as Disc to force myself to master both healing specs. Should be fun.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

No, I don't bubble much so I don't think that is it. Only if someone is dropping health extremely quickly do I bubble them. (or for running down the halls since I don't feather). It's almost strictly atonement. I can't remember the mana reqs for the spells right now but I'm pretty sure smite is the big drain (and of course the one you use the most). Penance and HF have a relatively low cost. I will also use (can't remember the spell name right now) the spell that heals once the target is hit. It has a relatively low mana cost as well. And from there, I might use 1-2 PoHs in the fights (again relatively low mana cost). And I try to avoid using Halo very often because of the mana drain. I think that one is like 40k. Right now I have mindbender talented; my thought was I'd get him out more which means more mana regen, but maybe one of the other talents would be better.
Carpie

Carpie

I'm sure the biggest issue is not having SPR on each gear piece.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

you know what? my bad... I was making my assessment based on your other spec being holy, lol.... /fail. Yes, not having spirit on all of your gear will severely cramp your mana regen as Disc.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

I also feel like my dps is plateau'ing on my spriests. I can't remember their exact ilvls, but I want to say the one with PnE is around 480 and the one with THA is around 488. And I think they are doing just about the same dps. I was owned by a fellow Hunter guildie in the Last Stand ToT LFR last night and he is 489. He was low 100s, high 90s throughout the fight and I was stuck mid to high 70s (not flasked). He ended up in the high 80s (the multi-mobs in the beginning is what carried him) but I was still pretty disappointed.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I highly recommend you hitting up McBrain See Profile for some pointers on face-melting. He's one of those 98% or GTFO performers, and he really knows his stuff, and he's currently face-melting again.
Immer

Immer

Premium Member

This weekend, I'm looking forward to finishing off HoF. Yes, that's potentially a tall order, but if we get full raids I'm confident we can knock it out. Tonight we will be extending last week's lockout and smashing WindLord, Ambershaper, and Empress. I'm not so worried about WindLord, we'll try 1 tank, 3 heals, and mad AoE for the adds... and we'll make adjustments as we see fit. I plan on healing this fight as Discipline for Barrier and SS for the intense periodic raid dmg... leaving the throughput responsibility on our r.shaman and r.druid.

Ambershaper will take some practice since so very few people actually follow construct mechanics in LFR. If you don't know exactly what I'm talking about there, please watch

»youtu.be/UzfCS6_bYEA

Empress (if we get to her tonight) will be brutal for our healers. Please do what you can to min/max your toon for this fight. I'd love to knock this out and be done with HoF as a guild.

As always, have a great weekend and I look forward to meeting up with you all in-game.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

Solo tank is easy if people keep quickening off the mobs. I still dread the thought of Amber Shaper... Stupid fight.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I'll be mass-dispelling as much as I can. Hopefully we'll have a shad who can help with that, too.