how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

afterburn999

join:2010-09-12
Scarborough, ON

[TV] I have a strange problem with my Rogers HD Box

I bought this box a couple years ago it's a Explorer 4250HD and most of the higher HD channels it just shows "Tuning" and will not display the actual channel even though i pay for it.

I imagine there is something wrong with the actual box cause the rest of the boxes in my house don't have this problem. What i want to know is if Rogers will replace the box or am i out of luck cause i bought it?

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

Sounds like a poor signal to that box

afterburn999

join:2010-09-12
Scarborough, ON

I thought the same thing so i moved it to a different outlet and got the same problem. I really think it's the box as the rest of the boxes i have are HD as well.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

Well, there's a gazillion joints in every town that fix them things so..........

snorlax14

join:2007-11-20
Thornhill, ON
reply to afterburn999

The key words in your post are "a couple of years ago". The boxes usually come with a 2 year warranty. Check you purchase date. I recently had a bad 8300HD PVR that wouldn't tune the SDV channels. Also thought it was a signal issue but a replacement box cured the trouble.

activoice

join:2008-02-10
York, ON

If the warranty is a couple of years old, you may want to check if the credit card you purchased the box with includes extended warranty protection. In which case you may be able to get it replaced under that extended warranty protection...

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to afterburn999

The 8642HD receiver is the absolute worst of all Rogers receivers for the exact same problem. Every morning at exactly 2AM the box takes an update which does absolutely nothing but cut off part of my shows that record at that hour. Thanks Rogers i guess in the future i can just set my alarm clock for 2AM and watch the shows until around 2:08AM when the recording kicks in after the useless update every night 365 days a year.

decx
Premium
join:2002-06-07
Vancouver, BC

said by ChuckcZar :

The 8642HD receiver is the absolute worst of all Rogers receivers for the exact same problem. Every morning at exactly 2AM the box takes an update which does absolutely nothing but cut off part of my shows that record at that hour. Thanks Rogers i guess in the future i can just set my alarm clock for 2AM and watch the shows until around 2:08AM when the recording kicks in after the useless update every night 365 days a year.

That's a completely different issue (it's caused by the nightly firmware update specific to the 4642 and the 8642) and unrelated to the OP's problem.