uniqs

huntermcdole
Premium Member
join:2005-08-01
Oxnard, CA

huntermcdole

Premium Member

Recommendation for Outlook 2013 x64 Spam Filter Plugin

I have been using SpamBayes for years now and love how it works, but I am about to be upgrading to Outlook 2013 64bit. As far as I can tell on the mailing lists the plugin doesn't support 64bit. Anyone have any recommendations? I have been searching around and found Cloudmark DesktopOne as one recommendation, but I also see people saying it did nothing for them.

Thanks
Frodo
join:2006-05-05

1 recommendation

Frodo

I downloaded Office 2013 myself a couple of days ago. I got the 32 bit version because I read somewhere about the 64 bit incompatibility issue you are now running into. So, unless you need the larger memory addressing that 64 bit gives, you might want to consider 32 bit.

Anyway, if you haven't had a look at this thing, I think you might want to take a look before you plunk down any serious change on this. I have 2007 at work, and when I downloaded this 2013 thing, it was a huge fail. I almost uninstalled it on the spot. As someone posted, Microsoft has taken the lipstick off the pig. It is downright ugly. I had thought of using Outlook myself for email, but I've decided I don't want to look at it.

I spent $9.95 on this, and, as far as I'm concerned, I overspent by $5.00. I had kinda hoped for something like 2007, but better, not a commercial for Live, Skydrive, the cloud, etc. And I'm talking about the pro, not the 365.

huntermcdole
Premium Member
join:2005-08-01
Oxnard, CA

huntermcdole

Premium Member

I might just do the 32bit then, I just figured it would be nice to make use of some of my extended memory.

As for looking at it before getting it, sadly I have already bought it. Like you I was able to get it for $9.95 same version it looks also. I have been using 2010 for a while and figured I would upgrade when I was offered the chance.
Frodo
join:2006-05-05

Frodo to huntermcdole

to huntermcdole
Well, I'm glad I didn't uninstall it. I finally got rid of the splash pages and it now looks similar to prior versions, except for being a bland gray. There is 3 choices for themes, but it isn't being picked up by Access which remains snow white.

I did some searching to try to figure out whether I should go 64 bit, and what I was reading is that if I'm dealing with large files or databases, then I probably should. But, I'm using a 32 bit version at work which works fine, and I'm probably not going to deal with anything bigger here at home than I do at work. So, for increased compatibility such as what you mention, I went 32 bit.