spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Legato1983

join:2012-11-17

Streaming issue (Twitch TV)

Hopefully someone here is familiar with Twitch TV and what I'm about to mention.

I'd like to start a regular stream like many others have on Twitch TV since I have the upstream for it. However, I'm unable to do so with any reliability because for some reason I can stream gameplay from as little as 5 -10 minutes or as long as 50-60 minutes, but after that the stream resets (with no effect to my gameplay) and my stream is lost for about 1-2 minutes, after that it reconnects and that cycle continues. It's almost like there is some sort of load balancing issue at CB.

I also have trouble streaming from my Slingbox (the problem is pretty much the same as my stream to Twitch) and when I upload large files to my FTP I often come back to my computer to see that I lost connection or the transfer failed midway. CB definitely has some issues with my upstream.

This has been going on for quite some time now (since I got the service many months ago). It's finally getting to be pretty annoying and is preventing me from doing things that I want to do. Does anyone have any advice on the matter? Has anyone experienced this issue and had it resolved in some way?

Thanks.

Legato1983

Does anyone know anything about this?

Legato1983

reply to Legato1983

Just wanted to give an update to this. Cinci Bell recently did a maintenance in my area and in the process of doing so also increased my speed wall (top possible speed that can be obtained at my home) three fold.

It appears I was provisioned a speed tier that I wasn't truly capable of having. Now everything is fantastic.