how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

neff2k

join:2002-01-03
Washington, IL

Technicolor TC8305C Question

Just received the new TC8305C today and trying to configure it to be in bridged mode and also disable the wireless. Does anyone know of a hidden admin page to do this. They don't seen to give you that option in the default configuration pages.

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

said by neff2k:

Just received the new TC8305C today and trying to configure it to be in bridged mode and also disable the wireless. Does anyone know of a hidden admin page to do this. They don't seen to give you that option in the default configuration pages.

I am not familiar with that particular gateway box, but it is not unusual for Comcast to make that option unavailable to the customer. If that is the case with your TC8305C gateway, you will have to call support and beg someone to put it into bridge mode remotely (and you may need to make multiple calls before you can find a CSR with the knowledge and willingness to do it).
--
A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
reply to neff2k

If you didn't want an "All-in-one", you should trade it in (if its a rental... return it if it's a purchase) for a standard modem and buy your own router/AP

neff2k

Washington, IL

Unfortunately this one the only one they had that was DOCSIS3 compatible so unfortunately I am stuck. I will give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get lucky with a knowledgeable CSR. The one I talked to was like "You want a bridge to where?"

neff2k

Washington, IL

Never found out what the hidden page was or how to configure it, but after the third call today the lady I talked knew exactly what I was talking about. Changed it and 20 seconds later I was changed to bridged mode.

amiskell

join:2011-07-11
Nashville, TN

I had the same modem on my installation yesterday and noone told me that it could be placed into bridge mode.

I wound up going to the local Comcast store and wound up with an older SMCD3GNV (4x4 instead of the TC8305C's 8x4) and then told I could call in and put it into bridge mode.

Wish I would have kept the original modem since it was newer and an 8x4 .