spc
uniqs

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to En Enfer

to En Enfer

Re: VMedia fights mandatory channel carriage

Wow you either dense or escape the mental institution.

They are not the same services, at all. Why the hell would I want to go through the trouble of installing an antenna? If I wanted to do that, I already would have.

Suggesting I always connect, my computer to my TV is always anothter stupid idea. I already do that for my family and it still doesn't cut it.

NetFlix is not the same service.

Since you keep bringing it up, NetFlix's choice in Canada is abysmal compared to the U.S.

Tell you what, why don't you go start a campaign, go to all the Rogers, Videotron & Shaw customers across the Canada, and tell me how many don't laugh you off their property when you tell them they can replace their cable TV service with NetFlix and have the exact same experience.
Goldielover
join:2008-02-29
Toronto, ON

Goldielover

Nothing wrong with using an antenna. I'm in the GTA and have been using one for several years now. As far as I'm concerned, the $3500.00 I've saved to date is far better off in my pocket than in Rogers. I was with them for thirty three years when I cancelled. I got tired of paying for stuff I never watch, and the constant price hikes. I get 28 channels, many in far better HD than the compressed versions the cable companies offer, and that's more than enough for me.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

said by Goldielover:

Nothing wrong with using an antenna. I'm in the GTA and have been using one for several years now. As far as I'm concerned, the $3500.00 I've saved to date is far better off in my pocket than in Rogers. I was with them for thirty three years when I cancelled. I got tired of paying for stuff I never watch, and the constant price hikes. I get 28 channels, many in far better HD than the compressed versions the cable companies offer, and that's more than enough for me.

Yup, I realize there is antenna, but I am also a customer. If there's another option I am willing to pay for I can go for that too.

That being said, I have recently (a wee ago) checked what is actually available OTA in my area, and it's not much. To get anything decent I'd have to get into a pretty complicated setup and possible (expensive) to gain some signals that are weak in my area. The same thing with FTA, it has a huge cost in obtaining the hardware and installation (I mean real FTA here, not the grey market stuff).