FiberToTheX
Premium Member
join:2013-03-14

FiberToTheX to bogs83

Premium Member

to bogs83

Re: The First Honest Cable Company

said by bogs83:

This is awesome, its so true. I talk to cousins that live in europe and they tell me they get 100Mbit up and down for about 10$/month I cry a little inside

Go canada!

I don't think that figure is quite accurate. I have friends and relatives in Europe and in the most FTTH Penetrated countries and here is how the breakdown goes:

1. Sweden: $70 for 100/100 provided by local Telecom company or Power company. Option to upgrade to 200/200 or 300/300 but he finds it overkill. Also 1000/1000 is offered for $140 a Month. No caps whatsoever
2. Latvia (Latt Telecom): Up to 200/200 FTTH for $36.8692 - »www.lattelecom.lv/majai/ ··· ternets/
3. Lithuania (Leo LT Telecom): Up to 300/300 FTTH for $26.4122 CAD (»internetas.zebra.lt/)
4. Romania (Fiber Link): 100/100 for $30 Dollars roughly.

Manitoba/Maritime Provinces and Saskatchewan are leading Canada in FTTH roll-out and accessibility for urban/sub-urban areas however Ontario is clearly behind.
julienvf
join:2008-12-30
Verdun, QC

julienvf to Arcturus

to Arcturus
LOL

He actually got me!

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to Arcturus

Premium Member

to Arcturus
so true Comcast and Timer Warner anyone?
chip89

chip89 to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
And the FCC But I doubt the FCC would do anything.

CyberCam
join:2008-04-21
Whitby, ON

2 edits

CyberCam to Arcturus

to Arcturus
So, I followed the YT link to the actual page to favourite it... and like normal there are people bickering back & forth about nonsense, however sometimes you'll find a gem in all the mess.

Gskill
join:2012-10-01

Gskill to Arcturus

to Arcturus
LMAO! This video made my night.

Explained the situation exactly... except, things are at least a little better for the U.S. than Canada at the moment.
mkay
join:2008-04-13
Kingston, ON

mkay to Arcturus

to Arcturus
The main problems stem from the shareholders trying to squeeze everything they can for those quarterly profits. Except now its starting to backfire and people are walking up. Just look at what happened to EA after the simcity launch disaster.
bogs83
join:2012-12-31

bogs83 to FiberToTheX

to FiberToTheX
It is quite accurate, I am originally from romania. So with that said (»www.rcs-rds.ro/internet- ··· /pachete) you can see the sale on now for fiberlink 2 is 20. Taking the original price of 39 lei which turns into 11 dollars / month (39 Romanian Leu equals
11.52 Canadian Dollar).

I think it is very accurate.

FiberToTheX
Premium Member
join:2013-03-14

FiberToTheX

Premium Member

said by bogs83:

It is quite accurate, I am originally from romania. So with that said (»www.rcs-rds.ro/internet- ··· /pachete) you can see the sale on now for fiberlink 2 is 20. Taking the original price of 39 lei which turns into 11 dollars / month (39 Romanian Leu equals
11.52 Canadian Dollar).

I think it is very accurate.

Perhaps the price has changed. The figure was a rough recollection from 2010/2011.

However the salaries and average income in comparison with Canada is much lower so it's more accurate to compare it with perhaps Norway/Sweden which have similar if not higher average net incomes.

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to Arcturus

Premium Member

to Arcturus
Scarily accurate, incredibly funny, and to the point.

Definitely went to YT to like that video.

wowoooo
@teksavvy.com

wowoooo to Arcturus

Anon

to Arcturus
soo good.amazing.. so real..and sad.

thanks.