spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Captcrazy

@comcast.net

Arris IP address

How do I find the modem IP address for TM702G/CT?
Im trying to configure my home security cameras.

jack b
Gone Fishing
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod
kudos:1

should get you into the modem configuration pages where you should be able to locate your IP address.

Being your IP address is dynamic, once it changes you would need to reconfigure them again.
--
~Help Find a Cure for Cancer~
~Proud Member of Team Discovery ~

LeftOfSanity
People Suck.

join:2005-11-06
Dover, DE
reply to Captcrazy

said by Captcrazy :

How do I find the modem IP address for TM702G/CT?
Im trying to configure my home security cameras.

Do you mean so you can access them remotely?
--
"I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it" - Mitch Hedberg

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:9
reply to jack b

said by jack b:

should get you into the modem configuration pages where you should be able to locate your IP address.

Being your IP address is dynamic, once it changes you would need to reconfigure them again.

That won't tell the poster their WAN / public IP address. If anything, they *may* see the modem's private management IP addy which the ISP uses, but that's it.

They need the IP address that is being assigned to their connection / router and their LAN addy for the cameras so that they can port forward.

Captcrazy

@intel.com

Exactly! I am trying to set up port forwarding on a double router system and the modem set up is the final step. I just can't find where the modem IP is. Thanks!

FirebirdTN

join:2012-12-13
Brighton, TN

1 recommendation

www.whatismyip.com

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to Captcrazy

said by Captcrazy :

Exactly! I am trying to set up port forwarding on a double router system and the modem set up is the final step. I just can't find where the modem IP is. Thanks!

Is the modem what some ISPs call an, RG (Residential Gateway)? I am not familiar with that model, but if it isn't a bridge, you may need Comcast to put it in bridge mode.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
reply to Captcrazy

A TM702G is just a modem. It plays no role whatsoever in the process of port forwarding, NAT, etc.

harald

join:2010-10-22
Columbus, OH

1 edit
reply to Captcrazy

Modems are layer two bridges. They don't use IP addresses for routing data, they use physical addresses.*

What you need is the IP address of your router, which can be obtained from the router setup screens usually, or from whatsmyip.com as noted by another poster.

* Modems do have assigned IP's on both the wan and lan sides for command and control. They are not involved in handling data traffic.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Evanston, IL
reply to Captcrazy

»ip4.me/