Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sandwidth

join:2004-10-22
Ontario, CA

Can I watch channels like TNTHD, ESPNHD, SPEED without STB??

So I'm awaiting arrival of my 2nd HDTV in the house (lots of old big CRT's waiting to die) and really don't want to have to have STB's for every tv.

I know I can get OTA HD channels but if I just go coax into a new HDTV, can I get the basic HD channels like TNT, tbs, syfy, speed, espn, etc??

Reading this link...... »www.timewarnercable.com/en/resid ··· l-c.html ...........as-is I would think "no" but my gut is telling me otherwise.

TIA

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

said by sandwidth:

So I'm awaiting arrival of my 2nd HDTV in the house (lots of old big CRT's waiting to die) and really don't want to have to have STB's for every tv.

I know I can get OTA HD channels but if I just go coax into a new HDTV, can I get the basic HD channels like TNT, tbs, syfy, speed, espn, etc??

Reading this link...... »www.timewarnercable.com/en/resid ··· l-c.html ...........as-is I would think "no" but my gut is telling me otherwise.

TIA

nope they are encrypted and you have to have a box or get a Tivo or similar third party device the supports a cable card and tuning adapter which is just cheaper to rent the box at $10 instead of paying several hundred dollars for a Tivo or third party device.