spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

nephipower

join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX

Where can you resolve DVR conflicts for Uverse?

I don't currently have Uverse but looking to possibly switch back.

I was wondering where Uverse gives you the opportunities to resolve conflicts for DVR TV recordings?

Can you open up the uverse app to see what outstanding conflicts there might be on the DVR?

Also when you try to setup a recording via either the mobile app or website and you have reached the max number of recordings that you can do at time, does it give you an error message?

Does it give you the opportunity to resolve any conflicts at that time if you are trying to setup the recording via a mobile app or website?

Right now with TWC it acts weird where if you try to setup a recording but you have already reached your max number of 2 recordings then you don't get any error messages. It just tries to setup the recording for a while and eventually times out.

Forosnai

join:2011-09-30
kudos:2
Click for full size
Click for full size
If you try to schedule a 5th recording you get a popup to resolve the conflict. If you don't resolve it, the default priority is series first (in order of priority which you can specify in a separate "series priority" section), then non-series, then most recently set. So basically the most recent thing you set to record will be the one dropped unless you resolve the conflict when prompted.

nephipower

San Antonio, TX
Thanks for showing screenshots of your example!

That is the UX for how a dvr mobile app should work.

nephipower

San Antonio, TX
Do you get the same kind of conflict solution ability via the Uverse browser dvr manager?

Forosnai

join:2011-09-30
kudos:2
reply to nephipower
Click for full size
Click for full size
Carbon copy on the TV menu.

Drewg5

join:2012-09-29
Florissant, MO
This is good information I had the same question in mind.

Jaghar

join:2001-01-30
Painesville, OH
reply to nephipower
I actually recently used the android mobile app to set up some recordings. The app notified me of the conflicts and allowed me to resolve them. I was also able to look at the recording schedule to find future conflicts and resolve them. It was easy and a pleasant surprise.
--
We will always be much more human than we wish to be.