All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Learo2000GT
@qwest.net

Learo2000GT

Anon

How do I access modem home page when in bridge mode?

I set up my modem (vdsl2) in bridge mode with router (asus n66u) and I can't access my modem home page. Don't even see it on my network. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
luckmann
join:2004-06-27
Albuquerque, NM

luckmann

Plug an ethernet cable directly into the modem from the computer and go to the modems address in a browser.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin to Learo2000GT

MVM

to Learo2000GT
When the modem is in bridge mode, it is just a bridge passing packets between the DSLAM and your router. The router in the modem is turned off and is no longer an active part of your network.

To access the modem interface when bridged, you need to set a static IP on your PC in the same range as the modem's LAN IP, and connect it directly to the modem. If you plan to do this on a regular basis, it is easier to add a second ethernet port to set the static IP on and connect to the modem.
Mr Matt
join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL

Mr Matt to Learo2000GT

to Learo2000GT
P660_BRIDGE_···.doc.zip
60,234 bytes
TELNET into Modem
The attached document applies to the ZyXEL P-660R but may apply to the modem you are using. It shows how to access the modem via TELNET while in bridged mode. You might want to check the manufactures website, of the modem you are using, to determine if they have similar instructions available.

Learo2000GT
@myvzw.com

Learo2000GT to Learo2000GT

Anon

to Learo2000GT
Thanks for all the help. I wanted to check my signal levels.