uniqs
luvxu
join:2007-04-03
Northborough, MA

luvxu to GeekInfoNow

to GeekInfoNow

Re: OMGfast.... Looking for review

We have OMG Fast for over a month now and here is our review:

OMG Fast is a new wireless ISP provider in Florida. They have very fast download link (40-60Mb/s) and upload link (3Mb/s). There is no contract to sign up and the price is about $40/month. We switched our service from Advance Cable to OMG because of the high speed offer. However, to our surprise our ObiTalk VOIP call has so much jitter and delay to the point of unusable.

We can hear the other person on the call well (we are on the down link) but the other person on the up link cannot hear us well. There would be missing words and the sound is more like from a robot than of a natural person.

We complained about this problem to OMG using our VOIP phone so that they can hear the problem for themselves. They acknowledged the sound quality problem but they wouldn't fix it. Their suggestion to us was to use their VOIP phone instead which cost $15/month. Having no choice we ordered their VOIP phone and then everything is fine. The sound quality became perfect. This really tell us that OMG is not as transparent as they should be. Their network must be programmed to treat their own VOIP service to a higher quality of service than other VOIP traffics. Worse, we think that they could be purposely messing around with other VOIP service so that we cannot use other VOIP service but OMG.

Another thing that we found is that after a month of service they started to block all the ports (80-http, 21-ftp, 22-ssh, 443-https) so that we cannot reach our own server away from home. When we called them they told us that for "security" reason they have to block those ports. Our server is now as good as dead because our friends and family cannot access it anymore.

We want to log our problem here for the benefit of others. If you want to switch to OMG please consider these problems first.

rich
@bellsouth.net

rich

Anon

Sounds horrible. I won't be signing up. I will stick with ATT DSL.
xiaolangdi
join:2013-05-02
Boca Raton, FL

xiaolangdi to luvxu

to luvxu
OMG Fast is in Florida They are working some problems with my service. I have had Comcast and U-verse they both had problems and outages. Often, and routing issues. I am sure they are working out a few of the bugs.

Disappointed
@comcast.net

Disappointed to luvxu

Anon

to luvxu
Stay away from OMGFast. OMG BAD! A fumbling and stumbling organization with one mistake after another and no way to resolve them. Signal drops out at least twice a week and you need to shutdown their equipment and reboot it. Download speed is very fast when it works but upload is very slow. The "small" dish they tell you about is actually very large and takes 4-5 hours to install. They drilled well over a dozen holes in my stucco to hold the wires plus the holes in the ROOF to hold the dish. Their customer service and billing depts are inept. You'll get a call from them every week or two for some service or tower reconfig issue and they want to walk you through something on the PC to regain service or just check if you have it. A real annoyance. They charged the 1st month and were nerver able to charge our card again for some mistake on their end. They called in March and we attempted to resolve by providing all of the info they asked for. 2 months later while at work they tear the dish off the house and leave all the holes and trash (wires and zipties) in my yard. They call me at work and ask when they can pick-up my inside equipment. Very surprised I asked what the heck they are talking about. After 5 mins of hold time they realize they removed the dish because the card hadn't been processing. They did not send me any bill by mail, did not talk to me about it, did not ask for a check which I would be happy to write to clear things up, just unbelievable. So that was 2 days ago and they still have not called me back to resolve the issue. OGM, how irresponsible this company is. Just spent 2 hours on the latter filling the holes in the house and painting over them. OMG save yourself a lot of hassle and go with another internet provider, I already have…
miniz
join:2013-07-10
Pompano Beach, FL

miniz to luvxu

to luvxu
I'm looking to get OMG Fast. I have several neighbors that have the service and love it. I'm stuck with very slow (1.5) but reliable ATT DSL connection right now, a terrible unreliable Advance Cable connection or a slow 3G connection.

I called and spoke with someone in engineering today and they are telling me that their engineering maps are showing that my line of sight is blocked to the tower. I asked for a manual site survey and they said no! I climbed on my roof and I'm fairly certain I can see the tower that my neighbors dish is pointed at.

Is anyone from OMG Fast on here who could help me out and arrange a site survey by an installer? I've been told this same line from DirecTV/Dish and yet we have managed to do several successful installations that were deemed impossible at several residence that I've lived at.

OMG Fast - Please PM me.

Thank you!

rainbow3366
@atlanticbb.net

rainbow3366

Anon

it happened to me
i called for service. they game me the same reason but my neighbor is enyoying the service.
whats going on :-( i hate uverse!
miniz
join:2013-07-10
Pompano Beach, FL

miniz

Nobody from OMG has contacted me. I PM'd the person who claimed to be from OMG on page 3 and have not heard back.....very disappointing.

MrLizard
@199.193.105.x

MrLizard to Disappointed

Anon

to Disappointed
I'm calling B.S. on this one!!
Pay your Bill Dude!
Mt debit card was low balance a few times.
They sent my Several reminders via e-mail.
I actually communicated with them.
They did not take my equipment down.
Pay your Bills and keep in touch with companies if you can't.
Does FPL keep your lights on if you don't pay??
The water company?
Why should OMG?
Doesn't matter anymore.
Dish bought them and they are folding in August