spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hm

@videotron.ca

Videotron, Rogers, and Bell Unlimited

From what I was reading over in the Videotron forum, Videotron will be canning the unlimited option mid-April.

So if you don't buy it by then, then you won't be getting it. After April, those who have it, keep it.

I haven't heard any news on when Rogers is pulling the plug on their Unlimited, nor Bell. But in Bell's case I read some newswire release where they stated they will keep it as a retentions offer (I guess in case someone dumps them for unlimited wholesale).

Any news on Rogers? Anyone ask them?

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON

I thought I read March 31st when the news of that option first came out.

Dunlop

join:2011-07-13
kudos:2
reply to hm

For Bell I still see it being advertised. The Videotron 3 week window to get it is hilarious. I got at least a dozen people at work to take advantage of it as none of them had a clue

darknestgirl

join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Acanac
·Videotron
reply to hm

On their website:

Rogers Bundles
Unlimited internet usage
now available until March 31st.

»www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal···vince=ON

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to Dunlop

If Bell's unlimited is some sort of limited time offer, they've got to a hell of a lot of effort to advertise the hell out of it on television with ads that flaunt how it is unlimited "all the time" instead of just from Midnight to 5AM which I take as a dig at the indies like Start and Teksavvy, not Rogers.

ns1225

join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

They had a whole marketing plan around unlimited internet from TV ads including Super Bowl, web site banner and popup, print and outdoor ads, and even their envelopes. Obviously, it was a preemptive move against the CRTC decision so whether this is a limited time offer or not depends if people continue to jump to indies. Unlimited for $10 definitely caught everyone by surprise especially the cable cos. who probably find the idea of unlimited disgusting especially at Videotron.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

Cogeco certainly hasn't responded to market forces and still have painfully punitive overages on the retail plans. Not that they matter, they're becoming more and more irrelevant every day just biding their time for a buyout.

So long as Bell continues to have unlimited, Rogers will most likely be forced to make their limited time offer as permanent as Bell's.

eh

@videotron.ca

said by Gone:

Cogeco certainly hasn't responded to market forces

Market forces?

Bell Versus Cogeco?

Bell Vs. Videotron?

Bell Vs. Rogers?

said by ns1225:

Unlimited for $10 definitely caught everyone by surprise especially the cable cos. who probably find the idea of unlimited disgusting especially at Videotron.

Videotron was so disgusted they vomited in *my* mouth. Then charged me a transfer fee!

Talk about snowballed...

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

Cogeco really doesn't seem to care to compete with Bell. Once Fibe TV and higher speed DSL offerings start showing up in more of their territory this summer they might change their mind. Or not, since no doubt people who would want this kind of service are undesirable customers who Cogeco would love their competitors to have.