All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Roche1972
join:2008-02-22

Roche1972

My MLB EI channels are unscrambled before 4/1 free preview

A week ago, I called Comcast to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings and was told by the representative who placed my order that the channels would be unscrambled on April 1st which is opening day for Major League Baseball teams. However, I was flipping through channels last night and noticed that the channels are now unscrambled before the start of the season and NHL Center Ice was currently still running on those channels. Is anyone else who are not NHL CI nor MLB EI subscribers currently receiving these channels unscrambled before Monday's free preview official start?

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

my nhl center ice channels have been unscrambled since the beginning of the season. I don't know if it is because I subscribed last year, maybe. I don't care. This year I actually get to watch a lot of nhl games.

Dan A
join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

Dan A to Roche1972

to Roche1972
I got tired of waiting for Comcast of Central New Jersey to add the HD Extra Innings Channels and instead subscribe to MLB TV. Premium for less money and all in HD. Between a Samsung Smart TV, game systems , and a wifi blu-ray player i can view MLB TV on most of my TVs.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to Roche1972

to Roche1972
With the extended nhl season because of the lockout, how will it work when there aren't enough channels for both mlb/nhl package games? Which ones won't be shown?

mountlaurel
@comcast.net

mountlaurel

Anon

The year is 2013 and can't believe there isn't one MLB Extra Innings channel in HD for this package on comcast of Garden State, NJ system. Why would you order this.
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678 to mikedz4

to mikedz4
»www.indemand.com/sports/ ··· 24838930

»www.indemand.com/sports/ ··· 24838930

some NHL games will be Tape delay???? and lot's of MLB games with no HD.

With directv at the very least you will get all games. Most of them in HD with most of them with Dual feeds in HD.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

unfortunately Comcast isn't as good as directv when it comes to sports. Also unfortunately I don't have a clear view of the southwest sky and I rent the apartment I live in currently.
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678

unfortunately Comcast isn't as good as other cable systems that have more of the team hd and game hd channels.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

you're right about that. It's like all they care about is the money and not the services they provide.

Spiderman865
join:2005-12-27
Joliet, IL

Spiderman865

On an old 4x3 tube TV, the channels look good. Too bad I got rid of mine 7 years ago.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

I signed up for an MLB.tv season package yesterday for my Apple TV hooked up to my 60" LED where I have my X1 box and surround.

Can't get over how good the HD quality is - (disclaimer: I have my ATV hardwired to the router in the basement, which will help).

Obviously you need the Apple TV box, but can't see how someone would pay Comcast instead for all SD. Getting to choose which team's feed to watch was sweet as well.