All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Roche1972
join:2008-02-22

Roche1972

Comcast of Union, NJ: Comcast Network Philly is currently on

I'm from Summit, NJ which Comcast of Union serves. Anyway, last night, to my surprise and enjoyment (since I am a Phillies and Flyers fan), The Comcast Network (on channel 8) was broadcasting repeats of the Phillies vs. Blue Jays exhibition game plus the Flyers vs. Islanders game (sadly, the Flyers lost but the Phillies won big but too bad it was just a pre-season game). Normally, us Comcast of Union customers get a lame version of The Comcast Network that only shows local college sports, talk shows and infomercials but no Phillies, Flyers or 76ers games, whether live or rebroadcasted. Tonight, the Phillies are scheduled to play another pre-season game against the Blue Jays only this time it will be a live telecast unless Comcast of Union switches us back to the lame boring version of The Comcast Network. If that happens then I will go back to ignoring that channel except for when they show the Heartland Poker Tour program.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

the Comcast network is a waste of channel space here. Just infomercials, poker and local college/wpial sports.

Dan A
join:2008-01-03
Kendall Park, NJ

Dan A to Roche1972

to Roche1972
Same here on Comcast of Central New Jersey/Middlesex.

We do get the Philadelphia Locals (in HD sine August) including the Phillies broadcast home PHL 17. The NBA blocked Comcast from adding Comcast Sportsnet here in 1997. I wish Comcast would try to revisit this issue with the NBA now that the Nets have moved to Brooklyn.

gwilliam
join:2010-03-20

gwilliam to Roche1972

to Roche1972
I'm very surprised "The Comcast Network" would air that far north in the state. Union County is right across the river from New York City. lol.