All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
turnerbrewer
join:2011-11-22

1 edit

turnerbrewer

Cable Co's are starting to take notice....

I reside in Comcast territory. I ditched my cable TV several months ago for OTA (attic) Antenna + Streaming(Netflix, iTunes). I am 50 miles from the broadcast towers.
Comcast recently closed the local retail store in my town. The nearest store is over 40 miles away.
Over the last several months I have seen more and more Antenna's installed on rooftops as I drive thru town. There have been at least a dozen antennas installed in my neighborhood alone. And I live in a somewhat upper middle class neighborhood. I believe that people are cutting cable because there are better alternatives for the money. Cord cutting is not purely due to financial hardship. I would go back to cable or satellite if the value was there. I would gladly pay $15 to $20 a month for the 7 channels that my family watched on cable. I can purchase all of our shows on ITunes for $300 a year. I was paying Comcast $1200 dollars a year for just TV.
I can watch what I want when I want to. The cable co's better get with the times...Yeah, Pay TV ratings are up, but how many of those viewers purchased the shows thru Amazon, iTunes, or VUDU?

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

1 recommendation

cdru

MVM

said by turnerbrewer:

I sometimes take different routes thru town just to see if I can spot any new rooftop antennas.

Someone needs to find a different hobby. Quick.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

Some new form of war driving?

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

said by battleop:

Some new form of war driving?

War driving at least can have a little reward, internet service. Driving around and finding that "1234 Main Street has an OTA antenna" just ain't that exciting.