Search similar:

uniqs
rconaway8
join:2005-11-10
Phoenix, AZ

2 recommendations

rconaway8

Huawei is as crooked as they come

The entire company was based on stealing intellectual property from Cisco, Nortel, Motorola, and others. It was funded from Day 1 by the military. It's run by a former military officer. Every Western country should be banning them for that alone and they should be sued out of existence. If you don't think they have more backdoors in their equipment than Home Depot, you are simply an idiot and or a traitor.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

1 recommendation

FFH5

Premium Member

said by rconaway8:

The entire company was based on stealing intellectual property from Cisco, Nortel, Motorola, and others. It was funded from Day 1 by the military. It's run by a former military officer. Every Western country should be banning them for that alone and they should be sued out of existence. If you don't think they have more backdoors in their equipment than Home Depot, you are simply an idiot and or a traitor.

+1
China's whole electronics industry was based on industrial espionage. Anything done to limit their expansion is good by me.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

SimbaSeven to rconaway8

to rconaway8
..and you think Cisco is any better?
rconaway8
Phoenix, AZ

2 recommendations

rconaway8

Yes. At least they patented their stuff. China Inc., the biggest crooks on the planet, just simply stole. Last year alone, Chinese hackers stole at lest $400B in industrial espionage. They just caught another Chinese spy stealing NASA information trying to get on a plane last week. They constantly steal information to win energy and construction contracts worldwide and a lot of that is through backdoors that Huawaei has opened up. Imagine that Sprint uses Huawei and we have an escalation in tensions. I guarantee you that Huawei has an off switch embedded in their hardware that could shut down any carrier that has their equipment such as switches or transmitters.

The entire Chinese government is run by thieves who have no moral foundation. The military is there to keep the masses in line and keep the thieves in power (look up Chinese princes to see how this works). They saw that Communism couldn't spread by military power alone so they are spreading it by economic power. That's fed by stealing everything they have and nobody is stopping them. Huawei is just the poster boy for a country of thieves and crooks. By the time the United States wakes up to that fact, they will have stolen every intellectual property we have. We need to start by expelling every Chinese national scientist and engineer in the country and universities to even start getting a handle on this.
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

1 edit

chgo_man99 to rconaway8

to rconaway8
+1
I should have spent my money on vacation in Singapore or Australia instead Hong Kong.

Hong Kong which is a former british colony run as Special Administrative Region by China has a lot of thieves in consumer service industry. Cathay Pacific, with its "reputation" as one of best airlines in the world, has the worst mileage awards benefits for oneworld members American Airlines. You get 0 points on flying with them, nothing and if you book them through AA as codeshare to get it you have to pay a lot of extra for the same seat.

Furthermore their food in some restaurants or bars is not safe. Second or third day after I flew in there, I got food poising with fever despite avoiding any on-street vendors.

Chinese 4star hotels are rip-offs and no way they resemble even 3star American hotels like Holiday Inn. They offered very poor selection on breakfast. You'd find better breakfast in Mcdonalds. No kidding.

Furthermore - dishonest sellers. They operate many black shops on many main streets and flourish just fine. From electronics to clothing they rip off tourists and government doesn't do anything to crack down on this. Even legitimate stores have weird obnoxious policy on product exchange/returns.

They even have landmark knock-offs like Time Square or Avenue of Stars. TS is simply 9-story mall complex. I went to some few elegant restaurants there over 1 hour before closing and they all did not let me in saying they're closing. I did not have problem with that when I went late to order food from a restaurant in Lai Kwai Fong district where businesses mainly serve American or European expats.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to rconaway8

to rconaway8
You should actually be thanking China for what they do. If it wasn't for them, you wouldn't have Wal-Mart or a lot of products made and are sold at Best Buy. You also would have one broke ass gov't as well. You do also realize that the Chinese have HUGE amounts invested in property in the US right? And you do realize it was mentioned on here a while back that they are an MVNO of AT&T and they are working with Clear already on several projects. Hell; even VZW/Alltel uses Huawei products. And Sprint already uses ZTE (another company from China) and so does VZW. Let me guess- you support one or both right??
Crookshanks
join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY

Crookshanks to SimbaSeven

to SimbaSeven
Cisco is on the home team. If push comes to shove they aren't terribly likely to do the bidding of the PRC to the detriment of the United States of America.
rconaway8
Phoenix, AZ

rconaway8 to TBBroadband

to TBBroadband
I don't thank them for anything and selling my country out isn't worth the extra few bucks you think you are saving. As for their investment, that's fine, as long as it's property and not technical infrastructure. As for AT&T using them, they should lose their cellular licenses. I'm not compromising on this issue because what I probably know about China doesn't even come close to what they have done, what they are capable of doing what they are planning for.

I'm a free-market guy but ZTE and Huawei should be banned from doing business with any NATO country. Companies that do business with them should be banned from doing business in the U.S. There is no short term gain that is worth the Chinese, with a known desire to be able to disable the technical infrastructure of the United States during a war, having any backdoors. Our anemic government has already let them go way to far. We need to throw all Chinese nationals out of the country today or our kids and our country will pay the price tomorrow.

China wants their government mafia to own our country and the idiots running it along with the sheep who vote them in are letting them do it. If the FBI, the CIA, or the NSA ever released what they know about China and what they are doing to us, there would be a war tomorrow. They are playing the long game and we are losing because the majority of the voters in this country are idiots.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

So you should shut your computer off and go live in a cave because chances are your computer was made there as well. Does it have a back door as well?

And as far as throwing them out of our country- sorry but this country is NOT yours nor mine. Sorry but chances are- your family came here from others as well. And Sorry but I do not agree wit you as I am part Chinese and you Sir are just going to far. You are totally raciest and an extremist that has no business posting hate in any form on this board nor anywhere else.

And we pay the price of them being ahead of us because we got companies here that go there and seek investment the same as they do here. Turn about is far play. And if was NOT for them; this country would be bankrupt and GM and others would be closed with millions living on the street so you should be thanking them our country isn't burning down.

sorry but I'm done with your hate of others.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven to Crookshanks

to Crookshanks
said by Crookshanks:

Cisco is on the home team. If push comes to shove they aren't terribly likely to do the bidding of the PRC to the detriment of the United States of America.

No, but they would be more than willing to funnel a ton of data to the "security" agencies of the United States.

It wouldn't be that hard to have a backdoor so the NSA, CIA, or FBI could sniff out your traffic if they wanted to.. then keep the code closed so people couldn't actually look at it and go "WTF?"
rconaway8
Phoenix, AZ

1 recommendation

rconaway8 to TBBroadband

to TBBroadband
I am so far from racist that even thinking that is ridiculous and I'm insulted by the insinuation. My closest friends who cover pretty much every nationality and colleagues would laugh at you and tell you that are clueless about me. However, it's the same attack those of you who have can't counter the argument intellectually with facts, you attack the person making the argument. It's classic Liberal Progressive tactics and in this case, is totally wrong. What I am is patriotic and believe in the free-market system. If you have read any of my 40+ articles, you would know that about me.

But facts are facts. There isn't a single Chinese technologist who was born, raised, and educated in China, who has come to the U.S. for school or work that hasn't been vetted and briefed by the government. If they come here to work in a key technology such as Rocket Sciences and go to work for NASA, they are told to steal technology for patriotic reasons or so the government of China doesn't imprison or kill their family, you pick the reason.

»boingboing.net/2013/03/2 ··· r-a.html

If they are a student, they are vetted to see what they can study that fits into the Communist Chinese plan to dominate the world's biggest economy, the United States. They are then expected to come back to China or try and work with a corporation within that industry and then report back to China. Either way, the are moved from student to spy as needed, always with the threat of what will happen to their family. Their infiltration is so deep, they were even able to install a Chinese spy, Johnny Huang, as our Commerce Secretary under the traitorous eyes of the Clinton administration, to assess our economy and to refocus their economic targets.

At this point, China basically steals our technologies with impunity and it's their coordinated effort that does it. I don't care what nationality you are, that's the facts and the results speak for themselves. Catepillar, Lockheed, GE, Boeing, General Motors, Ford, Cisco, Motorola, Nortel, and pretty much every major manufacturer has been damaged by Chinese thievery through various methods. Those are the absolute facts and attacking me doesn't change that.
JRod MoonDog
join:2001-09-25

1 recommendation

JRod MoonDog to TBBroadband

to TBBroadband
Seriously? We already arrived at the race card? He was merely expressing his thoughts on the topic backed up with some facts. He brings up some good points, some more spirited than others. Huawei has some militaristic shadiness up it's sleeve (as do others) and that's what hub bub is all about.

Now, I'm not going to get into the Walmart debate but I will answer your remark regarding who's country this...This is your country and this is my country which makes it, our country. Others may have been here first but that is true for every other piece of land on this planet. For instance, like, Tibet.

So let's stop be pretending that China is a pure knight in shining armor. It's not....and we could continue this argument back and forth using examples of piss poor judgement by both countries.

But for the love of all that is holy, one man's political or personal opinions do not equal personal hate towards the entirety of another race. The same remark could be made of you because of your statements.

The technology is at issue here, and perhaps Karl's reporting on the topic. Let's sit back, relax and discuss the technology instead of trading barbs of racism shall well?

Or not, it's a free country after all.