share rss forum feed

skj
Welcome to the far side of reality
Premium,Mod
join:2002-04-04
Gone South
kudos:1

[iPhone] iphone 4s will not accept password on wifi

I have a iPhone 4s. For some reason it will not accept the password on a WiFi network. On an open network it will connect. I thought it might have been a problem with a new router I just setup, but it also has the same problem using my other cellphone as a hotspot. I tried resetting network settings, but that did not help. Any ideas?
--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner

DanHo
Premium
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA

I had this same issue a last July. I tried every trick I could find online and finally had to do a complete wipe and reinstall. Has been fine since.

Maybe someone else has a solution. Just relaying my experience.

skj
Premium,Mod
Gone South

Were you still able to use an open WiFi network? I was afraid of having to do a wipe.

DanHo
Premium
join:2002-05-20
Seattle, WA

Yes. For whatever reason I couldn't connect to new networks that required as password. I never had an issue with my home network, but when I went to use others that needed as password it wouldn't work.

skj
Premium,Mod
Gone South

I am now unable to connect to my home network too. I changed routers yesterday and thought that had something to do with it, but it is with other networks too.
--

Reality is the leading cause of stress among those who are in touch with it.--Jane Wagner

Proginoskes
Space
Premium
join:2001-08-11
Asbury Park, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to skj

I'm not sure if this will help, but I had an issue with my email not taking my password. I tried everything. Deleting and adding the account had no effect. I had to go into settings and disable wifi, I rebooted the phone by pressing and holding the top button and the home button until the phone rebooted, and then re-enabled wifi. Then was able to log in, I haven't had a problem since. Maybe it's something similar?
--
Join Team Discovery, make a difference.

skj
Premium,Mod
Gone South
reply to skj

Well, it looks like a wipe and restore is the only option. The Apple folks say they have never heard of this problem before.
--

kerriskandie

join:2001-10-09
Coram, NY

1 recommendation

reply to skj

Here's your problem...............