st89jebn
Premium Member
join:2009-07-22
Drexel Hill, PA

st89jebn to georgeq1

Premium Member

to georgeq1

Re: [Need Info] Phillies Baseball

Has anyone received a response from RCN this Spring to this thread, their emails, or tweets?

The Phillies are on TCN tonight. I was really hoping that we would have this channel for this season.
georgeq1
join:2001-10-20
Folcroft, PA

georgeq1

Not a word.

SNLKagan
@rcn.com

SNLKagan to st89jebn

Anon

to st89jebn
@heggs, oprah's channel is a borefest but it is owned by discovery networks that sells channels in a bundle to operators such as rcn. OWN costs a few cents per month versus a couple of dollars per month for any channel that has live sports. ESPN alone costs around $6 a month.

yes this sucks for phillies fans but whatever RCN decides its a business decision and its your decision whether to stay as a customer or go to the competition.
Heggs
join:2008-11-30
Catasauqua, PA

Heggs

So your saying its a cost issue? A small market local cable company in the valley here (I won't mention any names) has had the channel for a few years now so price to add it is a poor excuse for such a huge market that RCN has. Also TCN is a secondary channel of the Comcast Sports Network not an ESPN so it would be, as per your reply,a BUNDLE at a very minimal price to add cause RCN already carries CSN.
Heggs

Heggs to georgeq1

to georgeq1
Maybe our spokesperson for the RCN forum (Emily) can help us out on this matter and get a reply from corporate to us. I know she has been very helpful on other issues on this forum.