spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TheAnalyzer

join:2006-01-20

[Lens] 80 years Nikkor lenses

Being an ex-optician (long long time ago ) I still enjoy seeing this craftsmanship.

I think we sometimes forget what it takes to make great optics,
and how good the optics are these days.

vimeo.com/59997617

TA
--
quod erat demonstrandum

voxframe

join:2010-08-02

1 recommendation

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovxtgj4SsiI

This is a very similar video released years ago by Canon.

It's just funny, we whine and fight and go at it over manufacturers, when the procedures between the two are nearly identical. (Including manufacturing equipment). Makes it almost laughable.

The Canon one isn't as pretty, and doesn't have good sound... But it's more informative for those wondering what's going on at each step.

TheAnalyzer

join:2006-01-20
I totally agree !

I think it is important to appreciate the great work of all manufacturers of lenses.

I think it is very easy to be very critical about lenses and 'over-analyze' stuff but IMHO the optics have come a long way ..
and today I believe that there are no really bad lenses anymore. Even the 'kit lenses' today do a really great job.

And I am happy that this technology enables me to take great pictures. And that is of course what it's all about.

TA
--
quod erat demonstrandum

rcroning
D700 Rocks
Premium
join:2005-05-21
Winnipeg, MB
reply to TheAnalyzer
Nice videos. It's always nice to take a peek behind the scenes. Thanks for posting.

Ralph.

kdshapiro

join:2000-03-29
Eatontown, NJ
reply to TheAnalyzer
I've seen a video of how Zeiss lenses are made, the process is very interesting.
--
Ken

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1
reply to TheAnalyzer
Great video!