spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Beerguy

@cox.net

[LA] Cox and usenet

I've noticed recently that there are many files on the usenet that are current but won't download. Is Cox blocking usenet?
I've switched to SSL encryption and am with newshosting.com and nothing I do makes a difference. Some things download but very many don't.

kbowman

join:2010-10-30
Pasadena, CA
My guess is that the files you are trying to download were taken down by DMCA requests. This has been more of a problem with usenet recently. You can try to a backup block from a different provider. I would suggest one of the European providers.

PinkyThePig
Premium
join:2011-05-02
Tempe, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Beerguy
If only some things are blocked then it's not Cox. Cox would have no way of telling what files you are selecting (as long as you use SSL).

99% likely hood is that the files were DMCAd. If the things you are trying to DLL come from the strongarm copyright holders such as HBO then that is your problem. They get the takedown requests typically submitted hours after the files are uploaded.

Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA
reply to Beerguy
DMCA request like everyone else said.

There a way around it but I won't say here.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
reply to Beerguy
If you are trying to download media files under MPAA/RIAA copyright, welcome to the game of "Whack-A-Mole". Your NSP (News Service Provider) is the Mole, and the MAFIAA has some humongous mallets.

If you like playing the game, you might check out the Filesharing Software forum. Personally, I'd rather not waste my time on games, so I just use the likes of Amazon, CrunchyRoll, Hulu, iTunes, and Netflix, et al.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum