uniqs
nowayout
join:2009-06-22
Allentown, PA

1 edit

nowayout to dgbretz

to dgbretz

Re: HBO and Cinemax free preview - 3/29 - 4/1

The MPEG4 switch-over for some of the HBO/Max channels isn't until April 15, so that's not his issue. They're still mpeg2.

dgbretz, are your cards the old S-cards? You may need to swap them with two M-Cards at this point.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by nowayout:

The MPEG4 switch-over for some of the HBO/Max channels isn't until April 15, so that's not his issue.

This is news to me, do you have a link from Verizon regarding HBO/MAX migrating some channels over to mpeg4?

thanks
nowayout
join:2009-06-22
Allentown, PA

nowayout

said by bohratom:

said by nowayout:

The MPEG4 switch-over for some of the HBO/Max channels isn't until April 15, so that's not his issue.

This is news to me, do you have a link from Verizon regarding HBO/MAX migrating some channels over to mpeg4?

thanks

This thread:

»Verizon is Offering to Change STB because of Lineup changes

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

Thx, I missed that one...

dgbretz
@swbell.net

dgbretz to nowayout

Anon

to nowayout
Yes, I believe they are the old S-cards. As you noted, this is not an MPEG4 issue.

I wish I could say how they fixed it but I got on the phone with Verizon who ended up working with "Level 3" support to do something that got both tuners working fine with the free preview. I had to read out the cable card info multiple times.

So it appears the channel 131 test to see if cablecards are paired correctly does not work in all cases...