All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
NoHereNoMo
join:2012-12-06

NoHereNoMo to Philibuster

to Philibuster

Re: Just my two cents about ads, ota, cable and satellite

Yep. I've said it before: shows are just the filler for the time between commercials. And the truly sad fact: whether you buy the particular products being advertised or not, your money is being used to pay for the commercials (the cost of the ads is built-in to the price of everything you buy)--so it's not possible to actually "steal" anything that appears on "TV" anywhere (you're just getting your money's worth... so torrent away! ).

However, there are still shows worth watching now and again--just wait for them on DVD or Netflix or Amazon Prime or wherever. There aren't all that many... but there are some.

dynomutt
@comcast.net

dynomutt

Anon

said by NoHereNoMo:

Yep. I've said it before: shows are just the filler for the time between commercials. And the truly sad fact: whether you buy the particular products being advertised or not, your money is being used to pay for the commercials (the cost of the ads is built-in to the price of everything you buy)--so it's not possible to actually "steal" anything that appears on "TV" anywhere (you're just getting your money's worth... so torrent away! ).

I avoid paying that tax somewhat by buying "store brand" whenever that alternative is available.