« MR-DVR No Hub Available[HD] MSG+2 HD »
This is a sub-selection from Me or NBC?

Chams
@verizon.net

Chams to BSAIII

Anon

to BSAIII

Re: Me or NBC?

I have a FIOS DVR and also having problem with NBC playback. I also live in Southern Cal and 504 is my HD channel. My playback problem is usually with the local and network NBC news. Have reset my DVR and still have the same problem.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by Chams :

I have a FIOS DVR and also having problem with NBC playback. I also live in Southern Cal and 504 is my HD channel. My playback problem is usually with the local and network NBC news. Have reset my DVR and still have the same problem.

I'm in Long Beach and I'm not seeing any issues with recordings. I record Nightly News every night and only had issues (occasional pixilation) on Monday 3/25.

Chams
@verizon.net

Chams

Anon

I live in Apple Valley and have had the problem for a couple of days. Tonight I am recording NBC network news on 4 and 504. Will report the results.

BSAIII
join:2007-06-16
Las Vegas, NV

BSAIII

Now this is interesting! I also live in Apple Valley!!!
BSAIII

BSAIII

Well, NBC 504 was fine last night. Leno, Fallon and Carson all played back OK. Something was going on. I plan to continue recording 504 every night on both DVRs to see if there is a pattern.

Chams
@verizon.net

Chams

Anon

My NBC channels 4 and 504 worked fine last night here in Apple Valley. What model DVR do you have BSA III? I have a QIP7232 2.

BSAIII
Las Vegas, NV

BSAIII

Mine worked fine, also.

QIP-7232 P2
Release 1.9.1 Build 14.47 Data Object 34.47

Chams
@verizon.net

Chams

Anon

I have the same DVR, release, build etc. No problems for a few days now.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere

I recorded Smash last Tuesday on 504 last Tuesday and watched it Saturday night. Program was fine for 50 minutes, then lost sound for last ten minutes. We were able to follow the dialog using closed captions. Eventually I went to VOD, found the show, and played it back to hear the sound at the end. That took a while as I could not fast forward through the program and the commercials were still there.

I did reset my DVR Thursday or Friday after the sound disappeared from live feed of 504. Sound was fine on my other HD STP and OTA. Resetting the DVR did bring back the sound for now.

exfyrmn
@verizon.net

exfyrmn to Chams

Anon

to Chams
We have been having the same issues with 504 on all of our HD boxes, old DVR and again on a new DVR! Menifee, CA

BSAIII
Las Vegas, NV

BSAIII

Well, NBC 504 was fine Sun., Mon., Tues. and Wed. on DVR1. Leno and Fallon recorded fine. But this morning at 03:10 I tried to watch Mad Money. Black screen and no sound. Channel 4 was fine. DVR2 displayed the show on 504 fine. Did a reset on DVR1 and it was fine. Then watched a 1 hour recorded show. When the show finished I deleted it. 504 was displayed but there was no sound. Did another reset and it was fine. The problem does not seem to occur during prime time. Strange!

JimJames2
@verizon.net

JimJames2

Anon

Just had a recurrence after nearly 2 weeks without issue. Went to watch recording of The Office and it wouldn't play. Then tried Parks & Rec, which immediately precedes it. So far playing fine, except that it briefly changed over to the programming on 505. This is really odd.

LAprGuy
@verizon.net

LAprGuy

Anon

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Same exact issue as Jim.
danman48
join:2007-10-11
Huntington Beach, CA

danman48

me too! Hannibal at 10 wouldn't play. Parks and Rec locked up about halfway through. Most likely a problem with VZs head end pushing junk data.

BSAIII
Las Vegas, NV

BSAIII

Well, I may have found a solution to MY problem. I have had no problems since my last post. I don't turn of the DVR. It has been on since last week. I have had a couple of instances of a 15 second bleed into a 504 program by 505. But no loss of sound or video. FWIW.
BSAIII

BSAIII

I spoke too soon. Lost the 2nd half of Leno last night. But did get all of Fallon. And at 04:15 this morning 504 was black when viewed live.
Still perplexed!
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by BSAIII:

I spoke too soon. Lost the 2nd half of Leno last night. But did get all of Fallon. And at 04:15 this morning 504 was black when viewed live.
Still perplexed!

Have you posted this on the Verizon Direct forum here on DSL reports? Be sure to include all your troubleshooting, plus your account number and service location.