share rss forum feed

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
kudos:1
reply to lutful

Re: Garage door problem

Why are you referencing a test to check the response to an object moving through the beam when the discussion is in regards to sunlight affecting the sensor?

lutful
... of ideas
Premium
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON
kudos:1

said by robbin:

Why are you referencing a test to check the response to an object moving through the beam when the discussion is in regards to sunlight affecting the sensor?

54067323 See Profile has been insisting that " garage door photo beams have a wider beam than security photo beams, which is why garage door photo beams can be swamped a lot easier then the ones designed for security." and the pendulum test debunks both of those theories.

Let me summarize what I tried to point out so far:

Any modern garage door sensor system, whose design has actually passed both the flood lamp test and the pendulum test, and which has been installed properly, with the sensor off-set mounted on the less sunny side and aimed at the transmitter with high precision, will NOT be affected by sunlight.

Of course, I realize that is happening in some installs, but there is sufficient information in this thread and those links to fix the root cause which is more likely to be a poor installation and less likely to be a non-compliant sensor system.

I promise not to reply to any more counter arguments since so many people are willing to believe them.

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada