join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo

Re: I ordered a speed upgrade, it happened early

said by donoreo:

said by Shrug :

As HeadSpinning said, you paid about 90$ for it. Take it.

Sell it for 10$

$90? Not that I am aware of.

Bell charges 90 to go from 6/800 to anything faster.It includes a pots splitter and a "line conditioning". Line conditiong doesnt happen unless there are taps and they wont install a splitter if they dont think they need to

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

Tek is charging $50 for the change.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to andyb

to andyb
said by andyb:

Bell charges 90 to go from 6/800 to anything faster.It includes a pots splitter and a "line conditioning". Line conditiong doesnt happen unless there are taps and they wont install a splitter if they dont think they need to

You may want to go check all the changes TekSavvy has made to their pricing models. The $95 install fee was reduced to $50 a week ago and announced about a month ago.

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

Yes it was but bell still charges 90 whether TSI lowers that or not
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to andyb

to andyb
said by andyb:

I can understand everything up to the DEMARC, but the POTS splitter should be the customer's responsibility (or their ISP can take care of it). It shouldn't be within Bell's scope of mandatory, cost inflating service charges.