Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Acct101

join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

When will we be able to watch all Phils games in HD?

When is Verizon going to add TCN HD so we can watch all the Philies games in HD? This is nuts that we still do not have this channel in HD. The SD picture is horrible. I feel like I am in the old UHF days with the rabbit ears watching this game.

Days like this make me think if going back to Comcast.

blue_trooper

join:2007-04-17
Exton, PA

said by Acct101:

I feel like I am in the old UHF days with the rabbit ears watching this game.

Ah... but that picture was offset by Harry and Richie. (back then we were also lucky to get 40 games a year on TV).

This year we don't have to worry about CSN being occupied with Sixers or Flyers playoff games.

Stankyest

@verizon.net
reply to Acct101

I agree, and I don't know what the holdup is. The only SD channel I ever watch at this point is TCN, but only when one of the Philly sport teams are being televised on it. Other than that , I have no need for any of the other SD channels. VZ should create an "HD Only" package, which would hopefully save me a few bucks, but I would prefer TCN be added first.

Expand your moderator at work

Acct101

Bensalem, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to blue_trooper

Re: When will we be able to watch all Phils games in HD?

LOL - yeah we used only get 40 games, but if I turned the rabbit ears the right way, I got to see Reggie and Catfish on WPIX and Seaver on WOR.

Just wish we'd get TCN HD. Otherwise, people like me, keep looking at the competition to possibly serve our needs.

AVITWeb

join:2002-01-11
Trenton, NJ
reply to Acct101

Funny part is someone added it because I saw something a few weeks back saying that it was added and when I went looking for the channel, it wasn't there... Must have been another carrier?

frantic1049

join:2006-09-24
Quakertown, PA

We just switched to FIOS a few weeks ago & couldn't believe we had to watch that game in SD. Luckily once we get through the next month we should be ok, but until then

Your Mom

@verizon.net
reply to Acct101

If they would add TCN to their HD lineup, I would have absolutely no need for SD channels at all. I'm hoping they eventually add it, and offer an "HD Only" TV package... that would hopefully be cheaper than paying for all the SD channels that I NEVER watch. Listen up VZ.

Yours Truly in VHO8.

Dvs1

@verizon.net
reply to Acct101

Comcast's service and attitude is terrible, but I might learn to tolerate it if Verizon can't show Phillies in HD. HD sports is half the reason I pay for cable TV in the first place. Are you listening, Verizon?

Walrus stein

@verizon.net
reply to Acct101

please make this happen verizon. my 2yr agreement ends in 8 months and im going back to comcast if you dont offer tcn in hd by then

Acct101

Bensalem, PA
reply to Acct101

I am switching back to Comcast, my family finally gave me their seal of improvement. Had to throw in PS4 as part of the deal. LOL

blue_trooper

Exton, PA

said by Acct101:

I am switching back to Comcast, my family finally gave me their seal of improvement. Had to throw in PS4 as part of the deal. LOL

By the time you complete the switch the Phils will no longer have any games on TCN this year (thanks to the Sixers and Flyers both missing the playoffs)

JeepMatt
C'mon the U
Premium
join:2001-12-28
Wilmington, DE
kudos:2
reply to Acct101

Acct-
Make sure you get the new X1 box when you sign up.
--
"ONE team - ONE city - ONE dream!!"

djoropallo

join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ

Is there any way to see the X1 in person. I am thinking of switching but I would like to see it in action.

Acct101

Bensalem, PA
reply to blue_trooper

What, no playoffs in Philly this spring? Man, have our teams fallen on hard times.

You know, I forgot about the $360 early termination fee. They will give me $250, but I am trying to see if they can give me.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

Wow, you have been with them for over 4 years and you still have a 360 termination fee?

Acct101

Bensalem, PA

When I downgraded my service a few months ago, they renewed my contract. It saved me like $70 a month so it was well worth it.

Is the early termination fee $360? I can't seem to confirm it.

thanks

Acct101

Bensalem, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

I am switching on Saturday. I am paying the same as I am with Fios and getting a lot more channels, an whole house DVR and no contract. I also suspended my Fios account for 9 months so I don't have to pay the early termination fee for a while. My point was not to post poem that charge, but to insure it would be easy for me to jump back if I did not like Comcast or if Fios added more channels.

Zero

join:2009-07-01
Collegeville, PA

I recently looked at Comcast just to see if I was still getting the best value with FiOS. I have the triple play with Ultimate HD, 75/35 and phone and my package is $160/mo. So I compared it with Comcast's HD Premier, Blast 50, and phone as it was the closest comparable package @ $150/mo. It also includes a $300 prepaid card.

I found that Comcast's HD Premier package would give me less HD channels and slower internet with a cap. I would gain a few HD channels that FiOS doesn't have, like TCN, but at the same time I'd lose ones that Comcast doesn't have, like EPIX. Comcast's price would also increase to be $200+ after 12 months (it's in the fine print) where my current FiOS price is Verizon's non-promo rate. I'm sure if I call VZ and threaten to switch I could get them to match Comcast's promo price and take $10 off.

In the end for me it just wouldn't be worth switching to Comcast for the package I subscribe to. But I hope for you everything works out well and you'll finally get TCN in HD!

Acct101

Bensalem, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

I will say, my Fios experience had some bumps in the road, but overall It was a good experience. I didn't do a contract with Comcast (or get the gift card) as I wanted to keep my option open to moving back to Fios if they ever expand the channel lineup.

I will let you know how it works out.

crgauth

join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD
reply to Acct101

said by Acct101:

When I downgraded my service a few months ago, they renewed my contract. It saved me like $70 a month so it was well worth it.

Is the early termination fee $360? I can't seem to confirm it.

thanks

Should be in the paperwork you received. I believe ETF is pro-rated over the life of the contract.

S10driver35

join:2009-09-29
New Castle, DE
reply to Acct101

A FIOS sales rep showed up at my door about an hour ago attempting to win me back from Comcast. Told him one of the reasons why I left was that FIOS did not have TCN in HD and he insisted they have it. He was flipping through some papers (looked like channel breakdowns by category) and he said look there it is Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia. I had to school him on the difference between CSN Philly and TCN. After he told me today was his second day on the job I felt kinda bad for the guy...

blue_trooper

Exton, PA

said by S10driver35:

I had to school him on the difference between CSN Philly and TCN.

One is good and the other is good for about 3 to 6 hours per week every April and sometimes in May.

Acct101

Bensalem, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Acct101

Well I am officially over at Xfinity and watch the Phils game last night in HD. The HD channels have just as good a picture as FIos, I am enjoying the faster internet and smoother on-demand movies.

I am not meaning to be sarcastic, Fios internet is better for me. Could it have been the fact that my Fios modem was installed here back in 2008?