Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to FiberToTheX

Premium Member

to FiberToTheX

Re: New Bell Construction

It's the other way around. You need to qualify for some form of VDSL2 to get Fibe TV. There are parts of Niagara Falls that can get VDSL2, but not (yet) Fibe TV. Everywhere that can get Fibe TV can get some form of VDSL2, though.

And yes, I would expect that the remaining parts of the GTA not yet covered will be covered, as well as all of the 400/401/QEW corridor communities. Not sure if places like Sarnia and Owen Sound are part of the plan though, as I believe they are functionally part of Bell Aliant even though all the services they receive are branded Bell Canada (someone can correct me if I'm wrong)

And yes, they'll either strapped a 7330 onto the OPI in your neighbourhood, or install one in a separate cabinet nearby.

FiberToTheX
Premium Member
join:2013-03-14

1 edit

FiberToTheX

Premium Member

said by Gone:

And yes, they'll either strapped a 7330 onto the OPI in your neighbourhood, or install one in a separate cabinet nearby.

How far away does one have to be or what is the maximum distance from the JWI or FTTC/FTTN Cabinet to qualify for VDSL2+?

The one I noticed is about a couple minutes drive maximum from me in my area. However there might be more in my area that I haven't noticed.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by FiberToTheX:

said by Gone:

How far away does one have to be or what is the maximum distance from the JWI or FTTC/FTTN Cabinet to qualify for VDSL2+?

The one I noticed is about a couple minutes drive maximum from me in my area. However there might be more in my area that I haven't noticed.

To get the full speed you a need a loop length of 1.2km of the remote.