spc
uniqs
mrschultz02
join:2007-09-10
Wallingford, PA
Asus RT-AC88

mrschultz02 to dealhunter0

to dealhunter0

Re: Comcast CS cannot configure SB6141 to bridge mode?

said by dealhunter0:

I am having problems with having a Linksys E2000 router to get an IP address from a white SB6141 modem (bought from Newegg). It sounds like some kind of DHCP related problem with the cable modem. If I connect a laptop directly to SB6141 then internet works but not with Linksys E2000.

Am I supposed to make any changes to the SB6141 configuration to get it to work? Any pointers will be appreciated.

Power cycle the modem when ever you plug a different device into it. It grabs the MAC address of what ever is plugged in when it powers up (or the first device plugged in after power up) and remembers it until the next power cycle.
dealhunter0
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Fremont, CA

dealhunter0

Premium Member

I tried all possible combinations of power cycling / rebooting both cable modem and router but nothing worked. Linksys router could not get an IP address from SB6141 but my laptop could.

This thread has some discussion about DHCP related issues, and I wonder if I need to change any configuration of the modem to get this to work.

thanks again.
mrschultz02
join:2007-09-10
Wallingford, PA
Asus RT-AC88

mrschultz02

said by dealhunter0:

I tried all possible combinations of power cycling / rebooting both cable modem and router but nothing worked. Linksys router could not get an IP address from SB6141 but my laptop could.

This thread has some discussion about DHCP related issues, and I wonder if I need to change any configuration of the modem to get this to work.

thanks again.

Like others said to the OP, there's really nothing to change on the modem. It must be a router issue, if it has the option to do MAC cloning you might try setting the mac address on the router to the same one as your laptop and see if that works.
dealhunter0
Premium Member
join:2005-03-29
Fremont, CA

dealhunter0

Premium Member

Cloning the mac address fixed the problem.

appreciate the help.

thanks again.