uniqs
share rss forum feed

NOCMan
MacChatter
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Colorado Springs, CO

[Rant] Try to Upgrade to 105, Comcast wants 249

The order form makes the professional installation optional, but forces you to talk to a rep, who then tells you, you have to purchase it so they can install a wifi gateway so you have fast wifi speeds. I dont need their wifi gateway cause I have 802.11n already. I dont need some dirty contractor coming over to my house to use those fool proof db meters they have to confirm what I can already get off my modem which is the same model they would install anyways.

Why offer self installation and try to do a switch and bait.
--
Ski News - Ski Colorado Blog
Web Hosting - www.FrontRangeHosting.com

Donut

join:2005-06-27
Romulus, MI
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Comcast

Id post the question on the comcast direct forum. Just check with the corp guys on this issue. Maybe they could push this through for you. Plus comcast wireless gateways sucks from what I read so I can understand why you would not want one.
--
Mr. Donut

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA
reply to NOCMan

Do you only have HSI ?

NOCMan
MacChatter
Premium
join:2004-09-30
Colorado Springs, CO
reply to NOCMan

No I have cable too. Just annoying that they're doing a bait and switch on the ordering process.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast

The people you talk to after the web page are SALES people, and are very interested in maximizing the sales price. (not sure if it commission or just pushed hard to add the extras)
since the professional install seems to waffle back and forth as if it is required you could just decline the package and try again later, or call in a see if they'll match the price/terms without the install fee.