Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

inGearX
3.1415 9265

join:2000-06-11
New York

can't read microSDXC

I got a 64GB microSDXC card and an SD adapter to it ... and my laptops SD card reader can't read it :/

it is a 2 year old sony laptop

it reads microSDHC fine :/

hmmm what are my options ? get a USB microSDHC reader?

please advise...

thank you...

rusdi
American V
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR
kudos:2

Try removing the microSD card from the adaptor, and cleaning the contacts with a pencil erasure. Reinstall to the adaptor, and try again.

These little flash-drive cards can lose data, for any number of reasons. I certainly wouldn't rely on them for any long term storage. ASAP I would transfer data I wanted to keep, to a more reliable storage.

randavis
74 Challenger 440 4bbl

join:2000-01-19
Blue Springs, MO
reply to inGearX

I ran into the same problem when I got a new camera. My old card reader in my main desktop PC doesn't do SDXC. I have a Dell laptop which will read it, though.

I haven't found any way to read it in the old reader, so I just copy it to the laptop and then store the pictures on my WHS box. Alternatively, I can connect the camera to my desktop PC via usb and can access the pictures that way.

I have found that some readers will read SDXC and some don't. You need to check the specs closely.

That's my experience with SDXC.
--
IUOE Local 101

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1
reply to inGearX

SDXC is fairly new and many older devices don't support it. You need an SDXC compatible reader.