lilarry
Premium Member
join:2010-04-06

lilarry to PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer1

Re: [Voip.ms] No ringback tone heard on outgoing calls ... again

said by PX Eliezer1:

Does it relate at all to the equipment being used (PBX, ATA, IP phones, etc)?

Have you seen any pattern?

Nope, I haven't seen any pattern yet, other than a flurry of complaints over a couple of days after a couple of months of things going relatively smoothly. Indeed, that is why I posted this. I'm thinking if others are also suddenly noticing this issue perhaps we can compare notes here to try to establish a pattern.

I also don't thiink it is equipment related. Again, everything's been working for multiple customers at multiiple locations, on different ISPs, routing to different servers ... and then suddenly so many encounter the issue all at the same time.

It is perplexing, for us and also for Voip.ms support -they are trying hard to help us figure it out, and that support is appreciated.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

said by lilarry:

they are trying hard to help us figure it out, and that support is appreciated.

IMO, far too many people in the VOIP chain that >> voip.ms >>> has to manage otherwise they would have already figured out the problem for the POP's in question. The more voip.ms have control over [end-to-end] the easier it is to solve issues --- so patience and time is very much at stake. Many trade-offs have to be balanced in the business of VOIP. I [as a technologist] happen to favour Quality [consistency] of Service far more than any other consideration because that generates customer satisfaction.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Re: No ringback tone heard on outgoing calls ... again

said by mozerd:

IMO, far too many people in the VOIP chain that >> voip.ms >>> has to manage otherwise they would have already figured out the problem for the POP's in question....

Very interesting points.

The [VoIP technology] question that I would have is: Aren't [all] of the VoIP providers having to deal with a chain of upstream and downstream providers? It's a puzzle.
-----

It's like the 85 year old man who goes to his doctor because of pain in his [right] knee. The doctor blames it on age. The man responds that his [left] knee is the same age yet it feels fine.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

said by PX Eliezer1:

The [VoIP technology] question that I would have is: Aren't [all] of the VoIP providers having to deal with a chain of upstream and downstream providers? It's a puzzle.

Yes, I suspect that is exactly the case which is why associations require effective due diligence and where staff technical experience has no substitute of whatsoever nature. Far too many talkers not enough doers.