share rss forum feed

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
kudos:1

[WIN8] Move the Start flag?

Ever since Win95, I've moved my taskbar to the top. Even when I ran shell replacers, I'd have the taskbar equivalent on top. I've gotten used to accessing the start menu via the upper left corner.

In Win8, the Start button is no longer tied to the taskbar. I've googled around, and most of what I've found either is a tutorial on how to move things around (really? People need tutorials for that?) or just explaining what each "hot corner" does in Win8.

Is there really no way to move the start flag?
--
Think Outside the Fox.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
I'm running Windows 8, and the thing I thought of was to change the position of the Taskbar location to see if that would move it.

But, as you said, its not tied to the taskbar. Even if you move the taskbar to the top, the start icon (and by icon I mean when you move your mouse to the bottom left corner, that little icon pops up), remains in the same place.

I kind of see that as the same as the top right and bottom right corners to bring up the charms bar. I don't know of a way to change that either, like if you wanted the bottom left to bring up the charms bar instead of the bottom right.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

sivran
Seamonkey's back
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
kudos:1
Yeah, I found several articles about disabling hot corners entirely, too. Not sure why you'd want to do that unless you had a shell replacer...

Maybe I'll just break down and install ClassicShell. I don't mind the new Start menu at all...aside from the button just being in the wrong (to me) frikkin' place. It's one of the few daily annoyances I haven't found a workaround for...other than ClassicShell.

And to be honest I'd really rather have a version of bblean that works with Win8. I love bblean.
--
Think Outside the Fox.