spc
Search similar:

uniqs

clevespeeds
@wideopenwest.com

clevespeeds

Anon

Speeds and ping in cleveland

In the Cleveland area and noticed the past few days on speedtests (done after noticing this in gaming) my ping times have decreased a noticeable amount. On speedtest usually to chicago or Toledo servers my ping was always 30-40, lately it's been 18-25. A welcome improvement for a gamer. However since this happened my speed has dropped. On the 30/3 plan I am getting between 20-24 down and 3 up.

Dan are they doing upgrades or any major work that would cause? It's not a huge deal with the speeds, but in a multi user house that does a lot of downloading/streaming it is becoming a little noticeable, but the ping time is actually noticeable in gaming so it has it's pro's and cons, just curious if things are going to get better in the near future. If I could get full speed with the lower ping it would be amazing.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

said by clevespeeds :

In the Cleveland area and noticed the past few days on speedtests (done after noticing this in gaming) my ping times have decreased a noticeable amount. On speedtest usually to chicago or Toledo servers my ping was always 30-40, lately it's been 18-25. A welcome improvement for a gamer. However since this happened my speed has dropped. On the 30/3 plan I am getting between 20-24 down and 3 up.

Dan are they doing upgrades or any major work that would cause? It's not a huge deal with the speeds, but in a multi user house that does a lot of downloading/streaming it is becoming a little noticeable, but the ping time is actually noticeable in gaming so it has it's pro's and cons, just curious if things are going to get better in the near future. If I could get full speed with the lower ping it would be amazing.

I don't see any changes/work done for the Cleveland area recently, so its possible it might be off our network that the ping times were decreasing. Also, what speed test website are you using? If you're not using our new speed test site, please try using speedtest.wowway.com. This new site works for all WOW! markets, and it will automatically decide which speed test server to use by your IP address.

If you're still having slow speed results on our server, send me a private message with your account number, phone number and the name on your account and I can take a closer look for you.