andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb to Plus One

Premium Member

to Plus One

Re: CRTC Silencing Voices.

I wouldn't stand for it but I'm really doubting there is anything behind it.CRTC is stupid but are they "that stupid" JF does get idea's and goes off the handle over them ala DSLR.I dont think this was a good thing to send to the CRTC at least not this week.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by andyb:

JF does get idea's and goes off the handle over them ala DSLR.I dont think this was a good thing to send to the CRTC at least not this week.

Ain't that the truth. Still, I don't see anything particularly out of line with this letter.

hm
@videotron.ca

1 edit

hm to andyb

Anon

to andyb
said by andyb:

I dont think this was a good thing to send to the CRTC at least not this week.

The letter is very tame. Nothing wrong with it at all. Besides, best to have everything documented ASAP since they are shutting him out in current proceedings going on.
said by Guspaz:

The CRTC has been having technical problems (they even delayed some deadlines because of them), so it's a bit soon to jump to conclusions that the CRTC is trying to silence anybody and not just dealing with broken infrastructure.

The CRTC has been having tech issues for a good year. Every since the new chair. The entire site is SNAFU'd. There are many issues with it. More than what JF mentioned in his letter, or what the CRTC mentioned.

The dummy behind that government of Canada CRTC website aside, yes they are shutting him up. They didn't even bother CC'ing him procedural updates.

That isn't a "broken infrastructure" glitch, Guspaz. That is purposely shutting him out of procedural updates on top of the useless SNAFU'd website.

How is someone supposed to work with deadlines when the CRTC refuses to keep him in the loop of deadline updates? Doing all these filings is enough work. Now they just ignore him like he doesn't exist and like he's a nobody that doesn't deserve to be served with proceeding updates.

Ressa seems to think that this has something to do with the CRTC wanting to do away with "access key", as said here, »Re: CRTC 2013-80 Optional Upstream Speeds, DSL Modem Cert. But, he isn't using the old access key. He is using the newer GCkey that replaces it as they detail here:

Obligation relating to the electronic filing of applications and use of Commission forms
Replacement of Access Key with two new cyber authentication programs: Partner Log In and GCKey
»www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archi ··· 53-3.htm

and as detailed here:
»www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/forms ··· ndex.htm

If they have replaced, or done away with it, should they not also update their website and these procedures to reflect this?

Seems to me GCkey is still valid, as they show here in their most current support area:
»www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/forms ··· _404.htm

Anyhow, I'm curious what they will reply to him with.