spc
Search similar:

uniqs

CBLMorphis
join:2001-02-25
Riverside, CA

CBLMorphis

[Rant] AT&T Plan Sucks As A ISP

Don't get me wrong, for the most part the DSL has been excellent, however, as most if not all ISP's offer faster speeds these days.

I can't ever get a straight answer from any AT&T employee as to why everyone in my area, including across the street can get UVerse they never can and have giving me any kind of answer, more less excuses.

It's been about 5 years or more since I had got DSL and that's about the time when UVerse had come out.

With all this said and done, we all know the push that AT&T is trying to do, to make their DSL customers either 1, find another ISP, or 2 rate hikes.

To me this is unacceptable, a multi billion dollar company can't afford to expand their network? Were still using POTS and its 2013? Welcome to the future?

Yet I keep seeing their TV ads and flyer's all over but yet I can't get it.

The customer tech support / reps, like talking to robots, or someone that's being controlled. Kind of scary, makes you wonder if a AT&T supervisor is standing next to them with a whip. O.O

The rudeness of their employees is far from professional, I think they need to go back to grade school and live with their parents and be taught some manners, because I have found out that over 95% of the AT&T employees to be such aholes, and not willing to work with you or explain to you about anything even though your trying to be nice.

Believe me, if I had other ISP's options I would drop AT&T in a heartbeat. When it was pacbell, we had friendly service and they actually cared. Now we have a company that is Nazi pretty much, and Hitler is in charge and controls their employees not to be happy, to be sad, and angry at their customers.

Now I understand that, that kind of job could get very very annoying, don't get me wrong, well maybe your in the wrong kind of work?

They claim think possible, they want to stay ahead, they want to be the best, they advertise all over. But yet it's 2013 and most non name ISP's are far more ahead of AT&T.

Even the small ISP's I have tried to get different or faster internet, but guess what, I can't, because guess who controls the lines? Hence the word control. AT&T controls the lines, go figure.

Stay away from this business. They only thing good about them, is pacbell, oh wait they dont exist.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

U-Verse is available on either side of my house (I am between 2 streets) but not available to me. A huy I worked with is 500 ft away and has U-Verse...

Trihexagonal5
join:2004-08-29
US

1 edit

Trihexagonal5 to CBLMorphis

to CBLMorphis
said by CBLMorphis:

The rudeness of their employees is far from professional, I think they need to go back to grade school and live with their parents and be taught some manners, because I have found out that over 95% of the AT&T employees to be such aholes, and not willing to work with you or explain to you about anything even though your trying to be nice.

Believe me, if I had other ISP's options I would drop AT&T in a heartbeat.

I've had AT&T as my ISP and phone company for over 10 years and not once in the rare occasion I've had to speak to a rep for anything other than pay my bill, which can now be done over the phone without speaking to a human bean, have they ever been anything but courteous and done their best to assist me in every way possible.

Not so with Charter, who I now get my cable TV service from. A year ago I contacted them to see what kind of a deal they could shoot me if I dropped AT&T and bundled my phone, TV, and Internet service. The guy I spoke to acted like he couldn't have cared less whether or not they got my business and was anything but polite. The same can be said for anytime I've had to contact them in reference to an issue with cable TV. If you go into their office to pay your bill you have to show a picture ID if you want a receipt. They don't seem to care if it's your check or not and will take that without picture ID, just don't ask for a reciept.

I hope it doesn't come down to me having to switch from AT&T to Charter but that will be my only option.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to CBLMorphis

Premium Member

to CBLMorphis
I once interviewed for a job at AT&T billing. At the time, their billing system was a cobbled together string of over twenty different legacy systems. Each spitting output that was then used as input for the next system and on down the line until no one could tell you what was actually on the bill. Their customer service knew this and would immediately assume the bill was wrong when someone called in a complaint.

I'd like to think they've improved on that situation in the years since, but who knows?

JustBurnt
@rr.com

JustBurnt

Anon

The old Ameritech billing system was the biggest piece of crap, when SBC took over did they change? NO. Even now, years later it seems they still use the same piece of crap.

I don't know if it will go back far enough but do a search here for "Ameritech DSL" or just "Ameritech" billing problems, double billing for DSL if the billing dates overlap your POTS billing dates, bill you extra for services that were included in your service, loads of fun stuff.

CBLMorphis
join:2001-02-25
Riverside, CA

CBLMorphis

AT&T as far as I am concerned is the worst Telco//ISP out in the market. There service sucks in terms of ISP, Slow speeds while other companies have blazing speeds, while I am still on 6mbit, OH WOW can we get much faster?

Tech support is far beyond professional, grade school kids could do better. Old technology, can we say 2013 here, time to ummmm, upgrade?

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

I have never had AT&T for support but just about everything you wrote (except for the speed) - is how my experiences with Time Warner is... When an ISP runs out of DHCP assignments or a hardware issues causes all 3 DNS servers to become connected - you got big problems. (