share rss forum feed

sunday8pm

join:2010-05-24
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
·voip.ms

[Internet] Address in Montreal downtown and nothing faster than

Hi,

I looked up an address to check service availability. This address is right behind the “ilot voyageur” in Montreal, 300m away from the national library and UQAM university.
I would expect this location to be able to get VDSL2 packages and speeds of 25 mbits.

Yet when I check with address and postcode on bell's website, it only shows 5Mbits. Same thing if I try a residential phone number from a few houses down, nothing else than 5Mbits.

Is the test wrong or am I going to be stuck at 5Mbits if I move there?

Thanks,

rickyfk

join:2013-04-01

Re: [Internet] Address in Montreal downtown and nothing faster t

call bell website said my friend can only get 5 megs but he called in and he can get the 25/10 one :/

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to sunday8pm
The tool isn't always accurate, Bell has been upgrading in Montreal, I suggest you ask over in Bell Canada Direct. Might take them a day or two to respond given the Holiday weekend, however they probably have a way of finding the exact information you want.
»Bell Canada Direct
--
cuius pocketa profunda, ejus liabilitas!

ns1225

join:2010-12-30
Montreal, QC
reply to sunday8pm
I just randomly picked addresses from the area just east of the library and put them into Bell's internet checker. One had FTTH up to 175Mbps and another had FTTN up to 25 so somethings up.

darknestgirl

join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC
Same here, i can get 25/10 but my friend who lives just the other side of the street can't.

quickdry21

join:2009-05-15
reply to sunday8pm
Yeah, I can testify to inaccuracies in the tool. I was told by several different parties I was eligable for 25/7 and I also live downtown. Best the Bell tech who did the installation said I would be able to get is 2.5Mbps.

So cable for me.