simplecs
Premium Member
join:2005-05-11
Merced, CA

simplecs to andyross

Premium Member

to andyross

Re: Online modem provisioning from walled garden

I activated my 6141 online about 2.5 weeks ago and all seemed to work well but then whenever I rebooted the modem it would take me to the final stage of the activation the software download step which I'd skipped before. I can't get access to the internet without first downloading and actually installing the crapware after which the internet magically works. I put up with it for a bit and uninstalled everytime and now I no longer have this issue. However, there's a lingering entry in the modem log that makes me wonder if I'm really out of the woods yet.

Anyone know what this means?

RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
whiteyonenh
join:2004-08-09
Keene, NH

whiteyonenh

said by simplecs:

Anyone know what this means?

RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Seems to mean that you're missing one or more configured downstream channels, based on this page here: »volpefirm.com/docsis-3-0 ··· service/

"A modem is in a partial service mode of operation any time it is operating with a subset of the channels in the Receive Channel Set (RCS) and/or Transmit Channel Set (TCS) because a channel has become unusable, either due to an inability to acquire a channel or because communication on a channel was lost during normal operation."
simplecs
Premium Member
join:2005-05-11
Merced, CA

simplecs

Premium Member

Ah that would explain why I only have 7 bonded channels as opposed to 8. How would I go about fixing this? Or should I even tinker with it since I have no problems with my service at the moment and am getting 55 down and 11 up on Blast.