uniqs
sourtimes
join:2012-12-16
York, ON

sourtimes to paulwye

to paulwye

Re: [DSL] What remote am I on, what modem can I use 50/10 VDSL

said by paulwye:

Are you absolutely certain that's your SAI? If you're in the tall rental building, it probably is, but if you're in one of the smaller walk-ups, you could well be on my SAI, which is up on Montclair, a few yards in from Bathurst (I'm a couple of buildings up from you, if you're across from those SAIs).

The northernmost remote is the most recently installed unit, and it's a Stinger, see my photos here:

»[DSL] Photos of remote internals--okay to post?

That was over two years ago. Montclair has three cabinets mounted on the SAI; one that's been there for quite a while and two more that went in fairly recently (one was loaded and the other was just a shell, last I checked). The two newer ones are the newer-style cabinet, implying that they're 7330s. I'm on the Stinger, have been for years.

I'm not in the tallest building, but I am just a few down beside it. I wasn't aware there was one up on Montclair either, that is fairly close to me as well.

Another quick question to anyone who has activated with Teksavvy and needed a Sagemcomm F@st modem; It was not mentioned to me that there would be a modem coming in the mail. I assumed that the technician coming on the install date will be bringing the modem with them. Is this accurate ?

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

the modem gets mailed from Bell directly by Canada Post express.