spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

zellaeldora

join:2013-03-31

[OK] Cox whole home dvr

DO NOT BUY INTO THIS PRODUCT. IT DOESNT WORK PERIOD!!!!!!!!! ITS BEEN NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS, HAVING TO SCHEDULE SERVICE CALLS.

BIGGEST PIECE OF SH*T PERIOD. COX JUST CARES ABOUT ONE THING AND THAT IS YOUR MONEY. THEY SPEND MILLIONS ON STUPID ADVERTISING FOR A PRODUCT THAT TOTALLY SUCKS. THE ONLY THING THEY HAVE THAT IS WORTH ANYTHING IS THE INTERNET. TAKE YOUR TV AND PHONE ELSEWHERE. DONT BUY INTO THEIR STUPID MARKETING BUNDLE BS.

UNFORTUNATELY, I CANT GET UVERSE. I TRIED THE WHOLE HOME AND IN A MATTER OF 1 WEEK SWITCHED BACK TO WHAT I PREVIOUS WAS USING.

AFTER TALKING TO THE TECHS THAT SERVICED ME I FORMED THE OPINION THAT EVEN THEY FELT WHOLE HOME DVR SUCKED AND ADVISED ME TO STAY AWAY FROM IT. THAT SAYS ALOT...

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
get a Tivo premiere if you want the plus pack channels.

Hoss
Sauters A Walrus

join:2000-10-05
Tulsa, OK
reply to zellaeldora
Note: all caps is considered screaming. It hurts my eyes to read it.

Second note: I have WHDVR. You need to do your homework before getting this product, but if you get an installer who installs it correctly, it will work flawlessly. Ever since last March when I had an installer supervisor FINALLY correct my issues after about a year of every other month technical calls, I have not had one instance of needing a service call and my service has been just fine.

Final note: You need to have a nearly perfect connection from the drop for it to work. My line quality was a 10. I haven't had any issues aside from the occasional outage (maybe once every three months). And those were typically scheduled or storm-related.

Also...all the techs I ever spoke with agreed that the product was pushed out a little early. But also felt that with correct installation it was a solid product. It took me some time but I finally got a good install. I guess since you no longer have it you'll never know.

brad152

join:2006-07-27
Phoenix, AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to zellaeldora
mine works just fine, i have one DVR and two satellite boxes.

I will say it's overpriced for what you get though, so i'm still on the fence about even keeping it since it only has two tuners and that's caused a few issues (my old TiVo premiere had 4 tuners, so i do miss that)

I am thinking of just buying a TiVo mini and going back to that considering i've not used OnDemand but maybe twice in two months anyway.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1
Can you use a TIVO on a remote TV? I have one tv in the house with no box and it would be nice to have it connected to the tivo with a UHF remote. (it's not a high def tv)

-Rob

Anonguy

@cox.net
reply to brad152
said by brad152:

mine works just fine, i have one DVR and two satellite boxes.

I will say it's overpriced for what you get though, so i'm still on the fence about even keeping it since it only has two tuners and that's caused a few issues (my old TiVo premiere had 4 tuners, so i do miss that)

I am thinking of just buying a TiVo mini and going back to that considering i've not used OnDemand but maybe twice in two months anyway.

Isn't it $5 a month? That is all I pay.
Everything else is the same price.

Anonguy

@cox.net
reply to Rob_
said by Rob_:

Can you use a TIVO on a remote TV? I have one tv in the house with no box and it would be nice to have it connected to the tivo with a UHF remote. (it's not a high def tv)

-Rob

You could use a Tivo Mini.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1
Would that cost another cable card?

What I'd love to do is have an 8 tuner TIVO and connect it to all the TV's but they don't make HDMI cable that long

-Rob

brad152

join:2006-07-27
Phoenix, AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
The TiVo mini just "streams" everything over a MoCA network from the premiere box, so for instance in my house, i have 3 TV's and just purchased the Premiere 4XL (4 tuners, 300hrs HD record) and 2 TiVo mini boxes, so my TiVo thats in the living room gets a cable card, and the other two mini boxes just stream everything from the living room box (even live TV)

Still beats the crazy amount i was paying Cox for the monthly service and now i'll have a DVR with netflix and amazon instant built in again (i did actually miss that)

Hoss
Sauters A Walrus

join:2000-10-05
Tulsa, OK
All that is evidently coming with the new six tuner Cisco box being tested now. I've heard a lot of good things, however not sure what the price point will be.

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3
So I guess thats the nail in the coffin for the Cox/Tivo partnership? Been waiting for that for over two years now.