Search similar:

uniqs

eastlinkhelp
@eastlink.ca

1 edit

eastlinkhelp

Anon

Eastlink question

Hi there everyone,(not sure if I'm posting this in the right place) I have an Eastlink modem and it can be set up for wireless but it cost an extra $5 a month which I don't want to pay, I was looking around, and found a way to log into it (modem) and enable the wifi without having to pay, but when I enabled it and hit the apply button something happend and I had to exit the setup of the modem, now when I use the IP address that I used to get into it before, it won't work. I've tryed some other ones, and nothing will work, can';t get back into the modem. anyone have any ideas? as to why it won't let me in anymore?

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

Anything here helpful? Is your Modem using this IP »192.168.0.1 or a different IP.

»www.myeastlink.ca/Custom ··· ace.aspx

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to eastlinkhelp

to eastlinkhelp
Why not save yourself the hassle and go buy a WAP like this one:

»www.canadacomputers.com/ ··· d=047145

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by TypeS:

Why not save yourself the hassle and go buy a WAP like this one:

»www.canadacomputers.com/ ··· d=047145

Why would anyone spend money (especially during a recession) to get a WAP when they already have a Eastlink Motorola SBG6580 WiFi Modem/Router and it only requires simple configuration of the Wireless settings to work?

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

Well,
a) It's $34.99 and unless the guy is broke it's not going to break the bank.
b) The cable carriers tend to get the worst bunch of router/modem combos. The only one I've seen that is fairly decent and not crippled by the cable co is the Cisco D3 modem/routers that Rogers was giving out and even then the functionality is too basic as a router.