how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jpvonhemel

join:2007-01-03
Pueblo, CO

[Speed] Slow Upload Speeds on 50/10

I am getting about 54Mbps down and 5-6 up. My service was just "doubled" from 25/5 but the upload is not much better, if at all.

I talked with chat and they did some magic on my modem that did not help. It is an SB6121.

Here is the signals page from the modem.

Here is a shot of speedtest.comcast.net

I had this trouble in the past and there were line issues.

Assistance is appreciated

Jerold

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4

Your downstream signals are extremely low and you are only sync'd with one upstream channel.
I'd recommend having a tech out to fix/start the fix of the signal problems.

jpvonhemel

Pueblo, CO

Thank you for your assistance.

I would like to be able to understand these numbers a bit better. SNR 34-35 is the low you downstream, or are you referring to the power level? What should I be seeing?

On the upside, are you referring to the channel 8 that says T4 TimeOut?

tshirt
Premium,MVM
Snohomish, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast

It's actually the power level we look at first but the SNR is dependent on the power and your SNR would likely be better if the power was at zero or slightly higher which is the desired range for the downstream.
And yes channel 8 upstream appears to be offline which is probably what's limiting your upstream throughput.
You can try resetting and restarting the modem and recheck that any connector are tightly attached, while removing (even temporarily for testing) any unneeded splitters, but when your number are that far off you usually need a tech visit anyway so it's easier to start with one,

jpvonhemel

Pueblo, CO

I will call and schedule service. Thank you very much.

jpvonhemel

Pueblo, CO
reply to jpvonhemel

I had a tech out last week who quoted line trouble outside our home. I still notice a problem with the upstream channel timeout. The tech said he needed to get into a neighbors back yard but that their was a beware of doggie posted, so he left a message with the home owner. We asked for an update but never heard back.

My signals do not appear to be improved much and the service status was tagged "resolved". Phone and chat support could not provide any further detail.

Here are my signals as of this morning.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
Snohomish, WA

That appears to be the same screenshot as before. do you have a current one and speed tests since the service