All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
proffeecom
join:2013-03-31
Woodside, NY

proffeecom

Verizon FIOS Woodside NY 6-8 months away!

Great news for all of us, who live in Woodside, NY!
Yesterday, March 30th, 2013, I had a chat with a Verizon FIOS rep, who was looking to speak with owners of the buildings in my area. I couldn't believe my eyes and ears! Finally!!!!!!
As per rep's quote: "...they're sending me 2-3 months ahead of the team, usually to sign the contracts and take care of technicalities..." and also " ... after they start the actual work, It will take another couple of months before you get the service (FIOS)..." So, we should be up and running in 6-8 months.
The guy had a VZ badge and all, holding the blue prints of the building... So, he was totally legit! (Just to answer those of you, who are still in disbelieve )
March 31st 2013
Woodside, NY
yikes15
join:2010-10-01
Elmhurst, NY

yikes15

you guys are lucky...im in elmhurst...fios is all around me and even in the same zip code as me but not in my particular part of elmhurst. apparently there are 2 diff CO for my zip code and the CO nearest me isnt even wired with fiber yet.

im hoping that we share the same CO as im closer to woodside than some part of elmhurst
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k to proffeecom

to proffeecom
I can tell you this much I live in Queens , Ridgewood if you are from Woodside you should now probobaly where it is , fios came here last year I got it within few first days if you see the fiber boxes on the poles then that means it is coming , if you don't see it don't trust those REPS online.

And yes fios is awesome

bhan261
join:2001-02-12
New York, NY

bhan261 to proffeecom

to proffeecom
Good luck. From the time Verizon said they would wire our building until we could sign up was almost a full year.

DjVaGGo
Premium Member
join:2004-10-23
Long Island City, NY

DjVaGGo to proffeecom

Premium Member

to proffeecom
said by proffeecom:

Great news for all of us, who live in Woodside, NY!
Yesterday, March 30th, 2013, I had a chat with a Verizon FIOS rep, who was looking to speak with owners of the buildings in my area. I couldn't believe my eyes and ears! Finally!!!!!!
As per rep's quote: "...they're sending me 2-3 months ahead of the team, usually to sign the contracts and take care of technicalities..." and also " ... after they start the actual work, It will take another couple of months before you get the service (FIOS)..." So, we should be up and running in 6-8 months.
The guy had a VZ badge and all, holding the blue prints of the building... So, he was totally legit! (Just to answer those of you, who are still in disbelieve )
March 31st 2013
Woodside, NY

After reading your post yesterday, I decided to check my availability on the website. Since I am still new to Woodside, and I gave up after all those years of waiting for Fios in Astoria..I was surprised to see that it IS indeed available in Woodside. Called a rep to confirm, and then went online and placed the order. Scheduled installation date of April 27.
amejr999
Eric
Premium Member
join:2001-01-13
Orlando, FL

amejr999

Premium Member

Hmm... I'm in Woodside and can't get Fios. What CO are you served from?

DjVaGGo
Premium Member
join:2004-10-23
Long Island City, NY

DjVaGGo

Premium Member

I just moved here last summer so honestly, I have no idea which CO serves me. Is there a way that I can find out?

I noticed that when I entered random addresses north of Northern Blvd. near me they qualified for FIOS, addresses south had only DSL available.
amejr999
Eric
Premium Member
join:2001-01-13
Orlando, FL

amejr999

Premium Member

I bet that's served out of Astoria. Oh well.
SpookyTunes
join:2002-07-29
Woodside, NY

SpookyTunes to proffeecom

to proffeecom
Verizon came by in January looking for Landlord (63rd Street, between Rooselvelt Ave and Broadway), but nothing since. Their web site still redirects me to the Copper/DSL/DirectTV packages

Queensbou
@verizon.net

Queensbou to amejr999

Anon

to amejr999
Wood side served from newtown, not astoria
Expand your moderator at work