spc
uniqs
louise3000
join:2013-03-21
New York, NY

louise3000 to djrobx

to djrobx

Re: [TWC] Latency tested at 67

TW Power Boost. speedtest.net: download 19.65 and upload 1.96. These are pretty standard numbers since I got the Motorola modem from Amazon.
Run Windows Firewall, MBAM and Eset NOD32.
I've tried using different dns by running the Gibson Program which supposedly picks out the fastest. I've used those, Google DNS and have finally reverted to the regular TW ones which seem no faster or slower.
I wish a private DNS service existed - would be willing to pay a bit for it because of how frustrating the "waiting" is.
How so I find the log from my modem?
Thanks

kontos
xyzzy
join:2001-10-04
West Henrietta, NY

kontos

said by louise3000:

I wish a private DNS service existed - would be willing to pay a bit for it because of how frustrating the "waiting" is.

what would the key characteristics of this "private DNS service" be for you?

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

1 edit

DocDrew to louise3000

Premium Member

to louise3000
said by louise3000:

I've tried using different dns by running the Gibson Program which supposedly picks out the fastest. I've used those, Google DNS and have finally reverted to the regular TW ones which seem no faster or slower.

This doesn't sound like a DNS issue, that's why changing DNS didn't fix anything for you. Makes using a "private DNS service" pointless in that respect.
said by louise3000:

How so I find the log from my modem?

Depends on the modem model, but it's usually found at »192.168.100.1
said by louise3000:

Both Chrome and FF are very slow loading a site and I get a message of "waiting for" xx site for a long time.

Are either of the browsers a "clean" install? What plug-ins are you running on them? What proxy settings are configured on them? How is IE running?