kudos:9
reply to Johkal

Re: I need your help updating a FAQ !!

FifthE1ement
Tech Nut

join:2005-03-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to Johkal

I have the Cisco DPC3000 which is a D3 4X4 modem. The address is similar to all others 192.168.100.1 but the odd thing is the modem is locked. Once the config file has been downloaded from Comcast you can no longer access any of the modem info. The only way I have found is to unplug the modem and quickly try to enter the modem address before the config file downloads but you have to be quick and you usually don't get much info. Crappy modem IMHO. I want a newer 8x8 one! If you need screens or anything let me know. I've talked to a dozen Comcast techs and contractors and no one knows what the password is to the modem?

5th
--
"The relationship between what we see and what we know is never settled..."

YukonHawk

join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

I have the DPC3008 and I have the same issue. I went through the same circus you did. Why it's locked is beyond me. Guess they don't want Golden Screw Driver award winners going in and messing stuff up.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21

1 recommendation

reply to FifthE1ement

OK, let's not drift away from the purpose of the topic, stopping this sidetrip after two posts. If anyone wants to discuss it further, apart from this topic's purpose, please start a new thread.

Thanks.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
reply to Johkal

jagged

join:2003-07-01
Boynton Beach, FL

1 recommendation

reply to Johkal

SB5101
no username or password required

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley

2 recommendations

reply to Johkal

I wanted to thank everyone for all the great help with updating our FAQ.

Please review: »Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »Viewing the Modem's Signal Levels, Firmware Version & Log Entries

If any link doesn't work, info. is incorrect or additional info can be provided; please inform me.

Once again: thank you very much !!!
--
In God we trust; all others bring data!